Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 18th, 2013 13:00

[Moved] Explorer.exe "Hard Error" -- Vostro 270

I realize this seems like a software error, but I cant seem to find info about why this error pops up. 

Windows 8, 64b, upon boot goes to pop up box: Explorer.exe (at top) then says Hard Error.  Uninstalled BitDefender thinking that was the issue, was locking up (blue screen with sad face) when I was on firefox; uninstalled FF and installed Nightly. 

Any help??

B

March 19th, 2013 08:00

It was not a tdl3 infection.  I figured out the issue when I went to reformat the hard drive.  It was a memory issue.  I had thrown Corsair after market memory in right from the start and it wasn't working right.  When I went to reformat, I got a memory error message, opened a chat session with Dell  support and finally tried memory out of another box.  The weird thing is that all of the system diagnostics said everything was fine until such time I reformatted.  

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 18th, 2013 13:00

You have malware time to start over.:emotion-9:

possible TDL3 rootkit infection

"STOP: 0xC000000CE UNKOWN HARD ERROR" explorer.exe  system warning 

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

March 19th, 2013 07:00

Hi pmiconsultants,

This may not be a TDL3 infection. Is this your computer, or is it a business computer?  Have there been any problems with browser redirects? What is the exact error message? Have you run any other security scans other than BitDefender?

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

March 19th, 2013 09:00

Thank you for the prompt reply.

It was not a tdl3 infection.
I had a feeling that a more detailed history and diagnosis was in order before we jumped to conclusions. Glad to know that you figured it out. Good job! :emotion-21:

As long as this issue has been resolved, I am going to close this topic. If anyone has a similar problem, please start a new topic at the top of the forum. Thank you.

No Events found!