Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2016 16:00

Removal of Cryptolocker.......is there a solution

This is Dr. Hofmann again.....Someone finally contacted me and showed the method of installing the RAM drive to reprogram my computer.....but when it finished it gave an error!!!'

The message was :  "There was a problem recovering your PC"

I think the problem is this:  DELL sent a RAM with windows 8 and I have windows 10.....I need further support and for someone to call me ASAP

What do you Suggest?  It has now been 2 weeks and the solution is still not accomplished.

February 17th, 2016 13:00

I have apparently lost the use of all my folders due to the crytolocker virus.  Dell sent me a RAM drive with software on it.  Not sure what is on it since they have not followed up to explain how to use it.-  does anyone know how to shut down the computer in stages to implement the new programs and remove the virus?

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

February 19th, 2016 12:00

Please be advised that this is a USER-TO-USER forum... the people reading this are other DeLL USERS like yourself... NOT Dell "Officials".

I will try to alert a Moderator/Liaison, Dell-Robert P  to this thread.

Your support person called finally .....but caught me in the middle of another task that I was doing:

Person called at 10:30 who claimed to be a manager at DELL. I stopped all that I was doing to give him an opportunity to help me solve the issue.

So he takes me through F12 to the USB connection which I push -then push "enter" multiple times taking me to the blue screen with the 8 languages.....he then tells me to read all the inscriptions!!!!!!! What !  they are in Korean, Arabic etc.....so I told him that and he insisted???. Now this is after we go through this same sequence 3 times!!! So I told him that he apparently does not know what he is doing and not to waste my time!!!!!!!!!!!!
He appologizes then says that he will have someone call back.   So what is going on???.

That person yesterday promised that someone else would call back today at 2 pm yet no one has called!

i am a doctor and have had tow emergencies that I put off for this time!   This has NOW GONE TOO FAR:

FROM YESTERDAY He appologizes again and said that someone else will have to take over since he thought that I had windows 8 and I actually have windows 10. We set a time for someone else to call me back 02/19 at 2 pm.

02/19/2016 As I did a week ago, I set aside a whole hour to receive this call which DID not come. Apparently you have some really irriponsible agents or they cannot understand that I am on central time!!!! I am a doctor and I have patients to take care even today. I put off seeing two emergencies so that I could receive this CALL! YOU are now bordering on scandalous.
So I called your support and talked to Joe in the Philippines. Joe referred me over to Premier support 888-257-6372. Sereesh Bevarajan in India answered, and likewise he did not have a solution. In total I have wasted 3 hours with online support and another 2 with phone calls on hold and being referred back and forth (one day I had to repeat my service tag 5 times!)
Gaurav answered in the premium Department.......

February 21st, 2016 16:00

I went further into the issue and the computer is saying that a required "Partition is missing"

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

February 22nd, 2016 06:00

Dr. Hoffman,

1)  You've now started [at least] 3 separate threads in this forum, the other two being

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19675811 and

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19675888 

It would be better for you to keep replying to one thread, so that all your information is collected and kept together.

2) It is not clear exactly what DeLL sent you, nor what you were supposed to do with it.   If you wish to continue working with Dell, you'll just have to "bite the bullet", contact them again, and hope for better results this time.

3) As I pointed out in replying to your other post, this is a User-to-User forum... meaning this is not the proper place to lodge any complaints you have with DeLL --- it's not like "management" is necessarily following this thread.   If you have a complaint about DeLL, you need to contact the proper department.

4) If you wish to look elsewhere for potential help, I would suggest you follow the directions at http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=12262.0 to register and [if possible] post the requested DDS logs at spywarehammer.com ; there are expert helpers there who can "walk you through" procedures to analyze your system, and hopefully clean-up the infection.   If the infection makes it impossible for you to generate/post the logs, you can tell them that, and see what else they suggest.  All help provided there is FREE.   If you decide to go for help there, please wait for a response, and do NOT attempt to run any other scans/removers on your own --- do exactly what they instruct you to do, no more, no less.

Good luck!

20.5K Posts

February 22nd, 2016 09:00

Someone consulted me regarding this topic. I think this general forum has provided all the help that it can. You will need to contact trained experts.
Free help is available at SpywareHammer, already mentioned, or at any of the other sites included in this list: https://uniteagainstmalware.com/

No Events found!