Hi. First off thanks for looking. Heres my problem. When I try to update windows I get the error code 80072EFE. It has been doing this for a while. I cant update windows defender either. Another problem I am having is when I search anything on google or yahoo I get constant redirects and cant look up anything. Please help me. It has been like this for the last two months and I cant take it anymore.
can anyone help? Ive seen similar posts about things like this and they all got help. Please. I really need to get this figured out!
Sorry you`ve had to wait, we need to see a HJT log before we can proceed. Proceed as follows and we`ll take it from there.
Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
- Save HJTInstaller to your desktop.
- Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
- Click on Install.
- It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
- Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Download Security Check by screen317 from HERE or HERE.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. Press any key when asked.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Paste those two logs for me in your reply please,