Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

April 14th, 2010 06:00

SpywareBlaster 4.3

The following has been copied/pasted from http://www.wilderssecurity.com/sho***read.php?t=270158
SpywareBlaster 4.3 has been released!

Prevent the installation of spyware, malware, and other potentially unwanted software!

New in this version:
-SeaMonkey 2.x support
-Improved Firefox (and other Gecko-based browsers) support
-Improved high-DPI support
-Misc IE Settings enhancements for Windows Vista/7
-Fixed incorrect "not enough free space" message on large hard drives
-Numerous additional bug fixes, tweaks, and optimizations

This 4.3 release provides enhanced protection, performance, and bug fixes.

UPDATING OPTIONS IN SPYWAREBLASTER
SpywareBlaster still offers the built-in Check for Updates feature. This feature is completely free and allows you to keep up-to-date by clicking on a button in the SpywareBlaster interface.

SpywareBlaster also offers [a PAID] SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate - a brand-new updating solution. Just set it up, and AutoUpdate will check at every system boot for the latest updates and enable the newest protection (other options are available).

SpywareBlaster is freeware.
Download the latest version here:
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

System Requirements: Windows 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Vista, 7. (32 and 64-bit)

----------------------------------
Provides Protection for the Following Browsers:
  • Internet Explorer
    and any browsers that use the Internet Explorer engine, including:
    • AOL web browser
    • Avant Browser
    • Slim Browser
    • Maxthon (formerly MyIE2)
    • and more
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Netscape
  • Seamonkey
  • Flock
  • K-Meleon

Slim Operation:

As always, SpywareBlaster doesn't use any services, drivers, or anything that constantly runs in the background, consuming your computer's memory and processing time. You just open SpywareBlaster, set your protection, and close it - you're protected.

And it works great with other reputable security and privacy applications, including anti-virus, anti-trojan, and even other anti-spyware programs. There's no such thing as a 100% effective solution, and SpywareBlaster was designed from day one to be a compatible, effective part of any security setup you may want to configure.

Upgrading Tips:

To upgrade SpywareBlaster from a previous version you can either:
(a) Uninstall the old version of SpywareBlaster first. Please see the detailed upgrade instructions here: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html
(b) Download and install the new version of SpywareBlaster "over-the-top".

Either method should work, but we recommend uninstalling the old version first for completeness.

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

April 14th, 2010 07:00

Hi David:

Was wondering if anyone else has been having one item unprotected lately. I didn't take time to scan down the list to see what it might be, but I think I have read in the past that it is because of some minor conflict with Spybot S&D?

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

April 14th, 2010 07:00

Dale,

Yes, for the past two weeks, there has been a minor Spybot / SpywareBlaster conflict on one IE restricted site... spybot DISabling protection, spywareblaster trying to ENable protection.

As of today's (14 April 2010 ) Spybot update, that "conflict" should now be fixed.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

April 14th, 2010 16:00

I didn't have time to play with the FREE AutoUpdate version, but I noticed this in small print below that download:

"By clicking the button above, I agree with TrialPay's User Agreement and Privacy Policy."

If you go for the FREE AutoUpdate, make sure you read the UA carefully.

No Events found!