Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 6th, 2015 16:00

UniDeals adware can't remove

so a a few days ago, i started to notice UniDeals adds that show up in chrome and firefox. i googled it up, somehow managed to disable it from ever reappearing in firefox, but it still persists in chrome. i did already delete the unideals folder in the x86 files. and the program is not listed in add/remove programs. unfortunately, my computer never made a restore point. (i've had it for 4 months and it never created a restore point?????) so i can't just restore my computer which i would most definitely do. how can i get rid of this piece of and get a adware antivirus? i've done 2 full scans from windows defender, but it's not picking anything up.

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

March 7th, 2015 10:00

Hi:

Rather complete instructions with screenshots for manually removing UniDeals from your system and your browsers can be found in this Feb/2015 article:

www.pcrisk.com/.../8664-ads-by-unideals

This article also discusses how you probably installed this pest (typically comes bundled with other freeware, and is installed by default when you select the "Quick" or "typical" install option), and how to avoid this in the future.

Another option that I personally use to remove adware and can highly recommend, is the free adware cleaner program AdwCleaner. Instructions on how to download and use this utility are here:
www.bleepingcomputer.com/.../adwcleaner

I don't think an anti-virus is enough to block adware these days. I use the free browser extension Adblock Plus, which is available for all the major browsers, including Chrome and Firefox. You can get it here:
https://adblockplus.org/en/

124 Posts

March 9th, 2015 17:00

thank you for the very detailed answer.

the program removed the infection with ease.

and the adware was in a bundled game installer downloaded form the internet- i never got the option to opt out of it.

i have used adblock plus on both chrome and firefox for many years now.

March 17th, 2015 21:00

Hi, try the guides introduced in this post.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 27th, 2015 02:00

Have a look at this resource How to remove UniDeals virus which may assist you with some idea.

1 Message

April 15th, 2015 20:00

Here is a article about How to Uninstall UniDeals adware. Hope it will be helpful!

4 Posts

April 17th, 2015 02:00

Malware always can not be found on computers easily. Why not try to log into the safe mode and clear off the flowing files:

C:\WINDOWS\Temp C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Temp

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

Then restart your computer and check whether the problem happens again

See resources

May 25th, 2015 05:00

I think you need a professional malware removal tool to  I also had this adware on my PC last month and finally kicked it off my machine by using an advanced tool.

1 Message

May 25th, 2015 05:00

Hi,

the adware once entered into the system is very difficult to remove and at last we need to use some third party tool which can help you to get rid of it. after removing also it comes once again and infects our system due to which system slows down and unable to do any type of work. Therefore it becomes necessary to remove such type of infection from system as soon as possible. See how to remove UniDeals from system as this will give you some ideas to get rid of such virus.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 25th, 2015 11:00

Dangerous links have been removed.

This thread is locked, due to age.

If you need assistance, please create a new thread in the proper Dell Support Forum

Thank you

No Events found!