3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

February 6th, 2018 08:00

2 Intern

• 

5.8K Posts

February 6th, 2018 20:00

Something has changed with Windows 10 Pro and Flash updates.

This was handled automatically in the past, with no option to decline or remove Flash. Now this Flash update tried to foist Google Chrome as default browser  on my Win10 system, and Google toolbar to be installed by pre-checked option. Be sure to uncheck this options.

Google is evil.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

February 7th, 2018 04:00

Joe,

I have no idea of how Adobe does things if you've set Flash to automatically update.  

What I DO know is that if you try to download/install Flash from Adobe's website, it routinely tries to tack-on some additional programs (e.g., Chrome, McAfee).   

The "direct download" links I included above have always been free of "tack-ons".

2 Intern

• 

5.8K Posts

February 7th, 2018 20:00

If I had my way, Adobe Flash would not be on my Win 10. As I understand it, it is now embedded in Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 10. I cannot uninstall it, I can only disable it in IE, which I did long ago. Windows 10 forced security updates always kept Flash updated, nonetheless.

In the past, Windows 10 always automatically updated Flash for IE. This time around, for whatever reason, I got an alert to upgrade, with the pre-checked options for Google/toolbar. I did not click on any links to upgrade. This came out of the blue.

A pox on Adobe, Windows 10, IE 11, and Google for colluding to foist unwanted software on my system.

No Events found!