Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

June 21st, 2010 04:00

Updates - June 21, 2010

This topic is for anyone who would like to discuss a specific update.

Feel free to post daily reminders of updates and version changes for some of the most popular security programs such as: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Spybot, and others.

Free security programs are listed here: FREE SECURITY SOFTWARE

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

June 21st, 2010 08:00

Opera 10.54 is now available, as a security update.

The following was copied/pasted from http://secunia.com/advisories/40250/

Description
Some [highly critical] vulnerabilities with an unknown impact have been reported in Opera.

1) A vulnerability is caused due to an unspecified error. No further information is currently available.

2) Another vulnerability is caused due to an unspecified error. No further information is currently available.

3) Another vulnerability is caused due to an unspecified error. No further information is currently available.

4) Another vulnerability is caused due to an unspecified error. No further information is currently available.

Solution

Update to version 10.54.

EDIT:   I must admit, I didn't read the "details" here until after I posted this [and updated my Opera].     The "details" are laughable!

5.8K Posts

June 21st, 2010 09:00

Yes, but the Devil is in the "details!"

:emotion-14:

At least I'm back to one secure browser - I worry about "unspecified errors" the most: better the devil you know!

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

June 21st, 2010 09:00

Joe, one secure browswer --- presumably the updated Opera --- because you're using Foxit instead of Abobe Reader???

[for adobe users, ALL browsers are vulnerable]

5.8K Posts

June 21st, 2010 10:00

ky:

Yes. I use Foxit only.

IE8 still unpatched/insecure due to:
http://secunia.com/advisories/24314/

Firefox 3.6.x still unpatched/insecure due to:
http://secunia.com/advisories/39925/

Opera is my only secure browser, if you believe Secunia.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

June 21st, 2010 11:00

[sigh] I refuse to lose sleep over all this, and if you happened to see the replay of CNBC's "Big Brother/Big Business" last night (which is a few years old), there's a lot more we can lose sleep over. I don't think security/privacy is getting any better -- especially with today's social networking. :emotion-8:

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

Not losing any sleep over this... simply reporting the facts... "Just the facts, ma'am"

5.8K Posts

In the words of Alfred E. Neuman: "What - me worry?" (I still use IE8)

:emotion-5:

508 Posts

June 22nd, 2010 01:00

You might wanna remove AD-Aware 2008 from that list since its no longer supported.

Yes Im back and only help on boards now if your wondering not pm. I have my own training that I teach users for hijackthis and what to do for a bad infection. Everyone has to sign up first before training starts though.

No Events found!