Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2013 11:00

Windows 8.1

I have just up graded  windows 8 to 8.1 on my computer. Everything went well except a watermark problem left in lower right corner of my desk top. The watermark says: "Secure boot isn't configured correctly. Build 9600". When I Google this it appears this is common problem with the upgrade. Microsoft does have a fix KB2902864 to remove this watermark. My concern is does this fix the problem or just remove the watermark. Does anyone have this problem and is there a fix. I suppose Microsoft will come out with a update to fix the problem. It doesn't appear like it is doing any harm to my computer. My concern is the security of my computer when it boots up. My computer seems to work fine. Any comments would be appreciated.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

November 1st, 2013 11:00

Does anyone have this problem and is there a fix.

Many people have this issue. I suggest that you run the fix from Microsoft. Let us know if that corrects your problem.

Note:  As I understand it, it won't change the security on your computer. It will however, hide the watermark.

338 Posts

November 1st, 2013 13:00

Thanks BugBatter for the quick response. I did run the Microsoft suggested fix KB2902864. The fix did remove the watermark from my computer. I can't tell that it did anything else.. My computer seems to be working fine. Time will tell if something shows up later. I'm sure Microsoft will give us an update if one becomes available.

No Events found!