Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2008 22:00

wifi intrusion

I have Trend Micro PC-cillin on my Inspiron E1405. The internet security window says "there are unknown computers connectd to your system, status unknown," but when I click on "do not trust" it doesn't do anything. Who is this on my network and how do I get them off?

36 Posts

yes, wireless router and another desktop pc in the home. Thanks for the link - I'll try that.

301 Posts

I assume you are connected to a wireless router.  Do you have any other equipment (pc's, printers, video game consoles, etc) connected to the router.  I have a wired connection, but when I click on the Wi-FI intrusion detection tab it show my Xbox 360 as an unknown computer.  I think the do not trust button limits what  the unknown pc can access on your system, but I am not sure.  You may be best off contacting Trend Micro support at this link

301 Posts

May 15th, 2008 23:00

Is the other pc in the home the one that Trend if identifying?  If they are on the same router then it would show up there. Disconnect the other pc from the network and see if the unknown pc is gone. 
No Events found!