Start a Conversation

Unsolved

EN

4 Posts

February 21st, 2022 01:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

Audio problem after updating windows 11 (Vostro 3400)

Hello everyone

I got an annoying problem with my audio after I updated windows 11. Currently, I could not go back to windows 10 and I hope you guys can help me fix this problem.

I have installed and reinstalled audio drivers hundred times but it doesn't work at all. Below are the audio drivers that I have downloaded. If there are any more drivers I need to install, please tell me.

audio drivers downloaded.png

In Settings, you guys can see it shows there is no output, and input devices are installed. I don't know the exact reasons why those disappeared :(((

no audio devices are installed.pngrecording part.png

sound part.png

Here is the screenshot of the device manager and it even doesn't show the "sound, video and game controllers'' part. Does anyone meet this situation before? and if yes, can you tell me how to solve it, please?

no sound video game controllers part.png 

Thanks for reading my post. It would be much appreciated if you guys can reply and help me solve this problem. 

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

February 21st, 2022 13:00

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/vostro-14-3400-laptop/drivers

I would try re-installing all the drivers in the Chipset category.

There are also Urgent drivers for all categories that should be installed.

February 24th, 2022 07:00

Sadly, it didn't work :(((. I have followed what you said but my audio always in "installed" state.

1 Message

March 17th, 2022 02:00

Hi

i have the same problem with win 10

Dirvers I installed again the drivers but without any solution. It works for 30 minutes and than it stop working with blue screen 

Mark83_ita_0-1647511038598.jpegMark83_ita_1-1647511045523.jpeg

• 

16.7K Posts

March 18th, 2022 08:00

Emily Nguyen,

Following up to see if your issue is resolved after reinstalling Windows on your system?  Let us know.

3 Posts

June 29th, 2022 02:00

Facing same issue with my Dell Vosto 3400. Did'nt get any fix. Dell tech team instructed down-grade to Windows 10. I received the system with Windows 11. Down-grade of OS is not a fix. 

3 Posts

3 Posts

Run Support Assist / Dell Update and check the issue persist after the restart. If is still persist. I would recommend for OSRI. I had face same issue with my latitude 7450. 

August 9th, 2022 23:00

Had the same issue at work with a brand new laptop. Did a warranty claim and a Dell technician ended up replacing the MB.

1 Message

August 15th, 2022 02:00

Is it possible to solve this problem only by changing a laptop?T^T

1 Message

March 24th, 2023 01:00

Hi Dell support teams

So far, I am quite satisfied with the quality of Dell products. however with the vostro 3400 model, I am quite disappointed.
I have met a lot of faulty machines that do not receive speakers, if fortunately there is an error during the warranty period, I will be replaced with the motherboard, otherwise I will have to change the service, which you know, replace the service of 1 board. Owner is very expensive.
I researched on the groups, a lot of people had the same problem as I had on the vostro 3400, I doubted, whether Dell was not close in the process of testing components, specifically the CS8409 logic cirrus chip.
And in the case of an error like this, it can't be said that it's the user or the manufacturer's probabilities,
I hope you understand my frustration when I write these lines because I can't be angry when within 1 week I have to receive 3 cases of Dell vostro 3400 failing to receive speakers, feeling like being cheated.
Looking forward to receiving a satisfactory answer from Dell.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon and reply from Dell via my email address:minhtrongtran@gmail.com

1 Message

May 12th, 2023 00:00

I Strongly agree with above.

I too have same issue with Dell vostro 3400 audio issue.
And the problem is specific to Dell vostro 3400 and I have around 4 device with same issue.
Nothing works after Audio driver reinstall, windows clean install.
Even tried with Windows 10 and windows 11.
This looks like more specific to Dell audio/hardware issue.

2 Posts

May 16th, 2023 00:00

Hi Dell support teams,

Up until now, my company has encountered three cases related to audio issues, and they have exhibited similar symptoms. Despite our attempts to:

• Install/uninstall audio drivers
  • Reinstall Windows 10 and 11
  • Update Windows
  • Run Dell diagnostics

We have been unable to resolve the problem.

I'm not entirely certain, but I recall this issue first appearing after updating the BIOS to version 1.19.0. At that time, the device still had sound, but it was distorted, whether I used the laptop speakers, a 3.5mm headphone jack, or Bluetooth devices. The sound icon would frequently disappear (red cross), and it would only reappear when I installed the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver.

Things took a turn for the worse after updating the BIOS to version 1.22.0, and subsequently to version 1.23.0, as the sound completely disappeared. There are no drivers, no input, no output, and no speakers or headphones are recognized as being connected.

I hope we can find a solution to address this issue promptly.

1 Rookie

• 

109 Posts

May 16th, 2023 02:00

Well I will suggest you to try the following fix:

Check your speaker output.
Run the audio troubleshooter.
Verify that all Windows Updates are installed.
Check sound settings.
Fix your audio drivers.
Set your audio device as the default device.

May 21st, 2023 08:00

Follow these steps and send a snapshot of the result. 
Step 1: Reboot your laptop 
Step 2: As the dell logo appears press F12. 
Step 3: Go to diagnosis and select thorough mode. 
Step 4: Wait for 10-15 mins (Time could increase according to the features of pc.) 

Please send a picture of the result of the hardware test. 

If Everything is fine according to the bios check. Then try to refresh/reset/clean install windows 11 in your laptop. 

1 Message

May 21st, 2023 21:00

I also have the same problem. Try re install all drivers. If it still doesn't work. Call DELL Center to request device warranty. Now I have more than 100 laptops DELL Vostro 3400 just expired warranty, if it has the same error, i don't know how to handle it.
P/s: I had to call the DELL service canter to replace the mainboard for more than 10 laptops.

No Events found!