Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

4 Posts

June 6th, 2022 23:00

Inspiron 15 5567 Power rail failure

Hello, I have an inspiron 15 5567 7th gen core i7, I recently tried to switch my hdd with an ssd and since then PC fails to boot up only shows light on the power button and then blinks 3 amber and 5 white lights. I have been researching through the docs and I find out that the sequence of the blinks means a power rail failure. I have no idea what that means please any help will be much appreciated. 

4 Posts

How do I begin the private chat, my warranty is expired

• 

25.7K Posts

Hello, We see you are looking for assistance. If you need our help, you can start a Private message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

June 7th, 2022 01:00

Pull the SSD out and with no drive installed, see what happens.

4 Posts

June 7th, 2022 01:00

I did that, I even placed back the old hdd. but it's still the same issue

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

June 7th, 2022 05:00

You need to replace the system board.

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

June 7th, 2022 16:00

Does your machine have an optical drive?  I had a similar problem with a Latitude E6530 (yes, older than your machine, 3rg gen core I7).  Pulled out the DVD-R drive and it booted right up.  It seems that the DVD-R drive had a short to ground.  Found a used replacement DVD-R drive and it's all good now.  While you are trouble shooting, pull one component at a time and try to boot it up.  Pull the WIFI card, memory, HD, optical drive, etc.  This process won't take too much time and costs less than a new/replacement motherboard.

4 Posts

June 7th, 2022 21:00

I tried removing the drives (HDD/SSD and CD) and Ram but it still kept on. I think the issue was not caused by the drives. I recently got a new charger and I think I was sold a fake one and that's what caused damage to the board I guess. It just so happen at the same time I tried to switch drives

No Events found!