Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

3 Posts

July 22nd, 2020 00:00

Vostro 3560 with Inspiron 7520 BIOS

Hi,

I recently got a Vostro 3560 laptop with a not working camera to check in my company. The system does not find the camera device. I entered BIOS and here a surprise - I see that the BIOS A05 from the Inspiron 7520 is loaded. When I try to update the BIOS, of course I get a message that the BIOS from VOSTRO and it's incompatible. Is there any possibility to upload the original BIOS from VOSTRO 3560.

Thanks for help.

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

July 22nd, 2020 08:00

Other than cosmetics, these systems are identical.  If the system was repaired, it's possible someone swapped in a 7520 board -- the BIOS doesn't matter to your issue.

It's entirely possible whoever did the repair, didn't properly connect the webcam cable to the system board.  That's what needs to be checked.

3 Posts

July 22nd, 2020 23:00

Hi, thank you for your reply. As far as I know, it has never been repaired, but I check the camera cable. 

9 Posts

July 28th, 2020 01:00

1. Start the computer, when you see the DELL startup screen, press the "F2" key to enter the BIOS;
2. Press "Alt+F" or press "F9" to restore the original CMOS settings.

3 Posts

July 28th, 2020 02:00

I opened the front cover of LCD screen and I saw that cabel is not fully connected to the camera. After connecting, the camera is recognized by the system. Is there any possibility to reflash originaly BIOS from Vostro 3560. Maybe there is some hidden BIOS flashing option to make it not recognize the model. I checked that the laptop has never been serviced and the motherboard has not been replaced.

January 10th, 2021 08:00

I had a similar problem. I dropped coffee on my Vostro 3560 and needed to replace the motherboard LA-8241P model. That's the same motherboard model for the Inspiron 5520 and 7520. That's why I received a motherboard with a Inspiron 5520 BIOS wich not recognized all my devices, including the off-board graphic card AMD Radeon 7670M. I have a little knowledgement about eletronic circuits and looked in the internet for the LA-8241P schematics and the Vostro 3560 BIOS .bin files. The BIOS in this motherboard is writed in two memories, UH2 and UH6 (schematics names) or 25Q16 and 25Q32 chips. I found the .bin files in online foruns, downloaded it and writed the .bin in the chips with a CH341A USB programmer. After, I replaced the chips on the motherboard and voilà! I have my Vostro 3560 with all resources able!

It's possible to found the UH2 and UH6 chips writed for the Vostro 3560 BIOS for sale at the internet too. In this case you or a technician need to replace it on the motherboard.

Sorry for my bad english. It's not my native language. But I hope I helped.

No Events found!