Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

2 Posts

January 31st, 2022 11:00

charger is connecting and disconnecting but works fine when battery is not plugged in

My laptop's power adaptor is not charging the battery, it keeps connecting and disconnecting in a rhythm.

There is no issue with the adaptor as it works fine when no battery is inserted. I have tried new adaptor too and result was same.

Another issue is that , when i shutdown the laptop, it restarts(might be connected to first issue).

What could be a possible solution/cause to this issue? please help.

i won't be able to work by plugging to the direct supply(without battery) due to power cuts in my region.

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

January 31st, 2022 17:00

Replace the DC input jack.  If you need a part reference, you'll need to post the model number (i.e., Vostro 3593, 5559, etc.). 

The model number is listed on the setup (F2 at powerup) screen.

February 1st, 2022 11:00

Jack is working fine when no battery is plugged in....i guess jack is good...isnt it? 

1 Message

April 6th, 2022 08:00

I'm also facing the same issue, did you find any solution??

6 Posts

May 26th, 2022 06:00

refer to my solution above and see if it will work. Also would you mind sharing your workaround in this problem also if you fixed your laptop with this problem? thanks

6 Posts

May 26th, 2022 06:00

Hello, apparently I think I found a solution to this problem. It is a "temporary solution" as before it shows only 15mW charging in Intel Graphics command center but after successfully downgrading my bios from 1.21.0 to 1.19.0 it goes back to normal and the charging problem was fixed. The process of downgrading goes like this:

-Download an old bios on your laptop (I recommend getting a bios not much older than your current one or a bios 2 updates ago)

-Copy it on a flash drive and enable legacy boot options in bios

-Power on your laptop and Press f12 before the boot screen then select BIOS Flash Update option

-There you need to browse for the .exe you downloaded and load it then write /forceit as a remark (Important)

-Don't worry if it says that the update is not successful as it will downgrade itself after rebooting. After the reboot you can now check the bios if it downgraded successfully.

-Restore your bios factory default and exit. now test the charge if it fixed the disconnecting issue.

note: Don't ever upgrade your bios unless important. It might break things instead of making your laptop better

No Events found!