Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 12th, 2016 07:00

IM Gateway unable to talk to LIA

I am walking through an upgrade from 1.32 to 2.0 vmware and after loading up the packages, I went to test log collection figuring it would test connectivity between the gateway and LIA.  The log collections all failed except the gateway log which it is collecting locally.  In the gateway operations.log the failure is due to a timeout.  In the LIA logs on each SVM I see 94aeb8:liaNet_RecvRequest:00312: liaNet_RecvRequest: wrong token. 

I am using the exact same token as what was installed as I saved all my passwords in a pw db.  Here are the things I have tried. 

1. I have reinstalled a lia with a new token to confirm that is not the issue.  I confirmed password complexity rules.

2. I upgraded the lia's manually and uninstall/reinstall with 2.0 version. (FYI: A new installed enables SSL so that has to be shut off in the config again).

3. I have installed the GPG key's on all SVM's.

4. I have restarted the LIA and Gateway.

5. I am inputting the same token into the gateway when requesting a log collect.

I am out of idea's on why it thinks I am sending the wrong Token.

25 Posts

August 15th, 2016 15:00

I found the solution to this problem.  Resetting the passwords on the lia manually vs specifying during a reinstall solved the problem as I tried reinstalled several times without special characters.  The procedure for resetting the LIA password manually is pasted below.

Manually configure LIA password.

306 Posts

August 12th, 2016 12:00

Hi,

GW and LIA have some issues with special characters in the password strings, there are a few KB articles on that.

Can you please try to reinstall LIAs manually using some simple password for the test sake, like TOKEN=password rpm -i and see if that helps?

Thanks!

Pawel

25 Posts

August 12th, 2016 14:00

I reinstalled removing the special character but am still getting the token error.

No Events found!