Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 7th, 2017 15:00

Questions regarding upgrading from 2.0.0.2 to 2.0.1.2

Hello guys,

I'm using ScaleIO ver.2.0.0.2 and planning to upgrade to ver.2.0.1.2. I have some questions regarding upgrade procedure.

-Backing up and restoring all current configuration on the cluster

In case it needs to restore, how can I back up and restore current configuration?

-Upgrading directly from 2.0.0.2 to 2.0.1.2

According to "EMC ScaleIO Release Notes v2.0.1.2 - p.4", it says "Upgrade is supported from v2.0.1". So I tought it's impossible to upgrade directly from ver.2.0.0.2.

But in "EMC ScaleIO 2.0.x Upgrade Guide", there are procedure upgrading from ver.2.0.0.2.

Can I upgrade directly from 2.0.0.2 to 2.0.1.2?

-Compatibility between different version SDS and SDC

I'm planning to upgrade SDS and SDC separate dates.

According to "EMC ScaleIO Release Notes v2.0.1.2 p.4", SDC ver.2.0.1.x has compatibility for all former major versions of SDS, and there is no explains about whether SDS ver.2.0.1.x has compability for former SDC versions.

But in "EMC ScaleIO 2.0.x Upgrade Guide", it shows the procedure with MDM/TB -> SDS -> SDC steps.

Which should I upgrade first, SDS or SDC?

Thank you.

Ichiro

2 Posts

March 8th, 2017 16:00

1. You can upgrade from 2.0.0.2 to 2.0.1.2 without issues.  So you should be fine to upgrade directly to the latest version.  I'd recommend always reading the release notes anyway, just in case.

2. Always upgrade the SDS before the SDC.  So the procedure you found is correct: Gateway -> MDM/TB -> SDS -> SDC.

3. In terms of backup and restore of config, there isn't an official procedure it wouldn't be a bad idea to backup anything under /opt/emc/scaleio/*/cfg/*

Thanks,

Jeff Wisman

9 Posts

March 15th, 2017 11:00

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for answering my question. I understand about that and I can prepare upgrading.

Regards,

Ichiro

No Events found!