Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 29th, 2018 07:00

SMP-FT Not supported on VxRail 4.5 - 14th Gen PowerEdge Servers

Hi team,

I've been looking around several old threads where it was stated that vSphere FT feature was not supported by VxRail basically because this feature needs a dedicated Ethernet interface and only two of them make up the base connectivity configuration.

What I read on the new technical deck for VxRail is that on 14th Gen PowerEdge server there are different base connectivity options that allow us to configure 4x10GbE cards which could give us the option to dedicate some of them for prod. traffic and others for FT.

Despite of that, it seems that SMP-FT is not supported yet on VxRail 4.5 with this kind of servers. Is there another reason for that? Maybe this vSphere feature will be added on coming versions?

Many thanks in advance!

Joaquin.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

August 29th, 2018 08:00

you're right, SMP-FT is not supported even until current-latest version 4.5.218

It may be because some VxRail specific tasks or scripts can be in race condition with SMP-FP, such as VxRail Cluster shutdown.

But VxRail may support in future release.
if you know more detail, you should get VxRail Xpert Certificates and join exclusive Slack

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 29th, 2018 08:00

Thanks a lot for your quick response. It's really useful.

I joined to the VxRail world recently and I have no time to get Xpert Certificate...one of the points on my To-Do list

Thanks, again.

4 Operator

• 

880 Posts

September 5th, 2019 07:00

For reference, the latest VxRail version supports FT. [FAULT TOLERANCE ON VXRAIL] https://support.emc.com/docu92125_VxRail_Fault_Tolerance_Tech_Note.pdf ---- VxRail support for FT starts with 4.5.300 and 4.7.000 versions.
No Events found!