Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 9th, 2018 05:00

VXrail Manager Health "trap"

People,

Our VXrail install base is growing... 80 nodes and counting... we currently have 7 VXrail managers running.

we have "sexigraf" for a quick monitoring on a screen, very nice. But...

each morning our operational job is to login to every VXrail Manager to quickly verify health.... that takes time.

we just ordered another four Vxrail clusters, so we will get 11 Vxrail managers.... checking them every morning will take even more time.

is there a function like, sending a health overview email, or snmp trap to let us know that every cluster is fine??

please let me know!

May 9th, 2018 05:00

Hi Menno,

Congrats with all these great monsters gears you have..

For now VxRail can be monitored from within vCenter or VxRail manager.

But you can Always use VMware vRealize Operations. I think this would fit good within your environment.

142 Posts

May 9th, 2018 06:00

Hi Menno,

I come from the Unix world and scripting is always the first thing that come to my mind. I would suggest writing a simple PoweShell to get the information directly from the source:

- For vSphere:https://www.altaro.com/vmware/how-to-generate-vsan-html-report-powercli/

- For iDRAC: use plink.exe &

::    racadm getsel   - get system events
::    racadm clrsel   - clear system events

This way you skip the middle men (VxRail Manager) and you have ful control of how you want to do it.

86 Posts

May 9th, 2018 15:00

https://emcinformation.com/PERS/SI/00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.ashx

I would recommend requesting an enhancement for a VxRail Global Manager. Here is the link to request enhancements to products,

Regards, Michel.

10 Posts

May 9th, 2018 23:00

I got the same question and awaiting for an automated monitoring (script) solution as well.

29 Posts

May 12th, 2018 00:00

We have VRA and currently testing with it. We also have ViPR SRM in place... that monitors the vcenters, but not "purely" the vxrail mangers. Just a quick hardware / health overview. Not sure if a product enhancement request will help here?

No Events found!