Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

November 7th, 2020 03:00

VxRail 2 node cluster

Hi All, 

As you know vSAN stretched cluster support min 1+1+ witness and requires min  vSphere Enterprise Plus license is required. Also vSAN Enterprise  license is required. You can expand the cluster. 

On the other hand if I implement 2 node Vxrail deployment with Vsan Standart and Vsphere essential plus license I would have similar solution to simpliviry 2 node. and it is more affordable. I know it can not expand . 

But customers only want when 1 node fails. All the VM retarts on the 2nd node. As I now this is done via HA feature and it is included vsphere essential plus . 

Can this be a cost effective solution against simplivity?  

• 

8.5K Posts

November 9th, 2020 09:00

Hi salimbahceci.

Yes that should work, VXrail is supposed to make it simpler and cheaper. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

May 24th, 2021 14:00

vSphere Enterprise Plus, Standard, and ROBO editions are supported with VxRail. vSphere Enterprise is also supported but is no longer available from VMware. vSphere Essentials and Essentials Plus are not supported. Also supported are vSphere licenses from Horizon bundles or add-ons when the system is dedicated to VDI.

https://www.delltechnologies.com/resources/en-us/asset/technical-guides-support-information/products/converged-infrastructure/h15104-vxrail-appliance-techbook.pdf

May 24th, 2021 14:00

Essential Plus Kit is no supported on VxRial as Documment from DellEMC

No Events found!