Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 14th, 2018 19:00

VxRail Manager treats appliances/components as missing

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has seen this issue before. I am working with a cluster of 5 VxRail E460F nodes, and the manager VM seems to lose contact with the nodes, or with components in them. This is not specific to one node, it seems to randomly change. Sometimes the health page will show all nodes connected, sometimes one or many appear as missing. Sometimes the node shows connected, but disks show offline.

From vCenter, I see no issues. All the hosts are present, and VSAN is functioning properly.

Another thing to mention, occasionally I see the status LEDs on the drives in the appliances themselves are not lit. The activity LEDs light, but the status LED does not even though the drives are attached and working.

Things I have done so far:

Reset iDracs

Upgraded iDrac firmware to latest version

Restarted VxRail Manger VM

This is rather aggravating, because every time it triggers a critical error a call home is generated.

2 Posts

June 20th, 2018 09:00

We did try resetting the iDracs, and that didn't do it for us. Eventually we did get the issue resolved with the help of support. They updated the version of the Dell PTAgent running on the hosts from 1.7-1 to 1.7-4, and restarted that service. Once that was done, all the appliances showed up in VXRail manager again, and I was able to upgrade the whole cluster version to 4.5.211. Since then I haven't seen the problem again.

86 Posts

June 15th, 2018 15:00

I would recommend upgrading to 4.5.211 which as multiple fixes.

Regards, Michel.

1 Message

June 19th, 2018 14:00

We have seen this issue as well.  Generally speaking, resetting the idrac will make it work for a while.  Advice given was to update the appliances as well.

No Events found!