Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 19th, 2016 06:00

7359 2-in-1 auto-rotate missing

Anyone else having this problem with their 7359 2-in-1? The auto-rotate mode button is missing from the Action Center after the latest Windows 10 Anniversary update - not grayed-out - totally gone, and flipping on the Tablet mode doesn't help.

Using Ctrl-Alt-> to force the rotation works, but, clearly, it's not a suitable solution.

I tried deleting/reinstalling the sensor in Device Manager, as per one suggestion, but no change. Dell? Experts? Any solutions out there? TIA.

• 

16.7K Posts

September 20th, 2016 05:00

davebender.

See if the information below will resolve the issue.

Go to Control Panel> Display>Change Display Settings and then make sure that the "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is selected. 

Also, try the steps below as well.

Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
Click the Start Start menu and select Settings.
Click System.
Click Display.
Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

13 Posts

September 20th, 2016 09:00

Jesse,

Thanks for the quick reply.

However, there simply IS no "Allow the screen to auto-rotate," or Lock rotation" button or toggle in the display settings - whether in laptop or tablet mode. It simply isn't there, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Any ideas why this is so, and how to correct it are most welcome...

TIA,
Dave

• 

16.7K Posts

September 20th, 2016 11:00

davebender,

If you rotate the screen 360 degrees, click on notification/action center icon lower right corner. Is the 'rotation lock' now enabled? If not turn it on.

1. Go to control panel, appearance and personalization, change display settings (left column), click box "allow screen to auto rotate"

2. Underneath "allow screen to auto rotate" there is highlighted "project to a second screen". Click that and select the "pc screen only" option.

Try these settings as well if needed.

Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Display icon.

A) Click/tap on the Change display settings.

To Lock Screen AutoRotation

A) Uncheck the Allow the screen to auto-rotate box, and click/tap on OK

To Unlock Screen AutoRotation
NOTE: This is the default setting.

A) Check the Allow the screen to auto-rotate box, and click/tap on OK

13 Posts

September 20th, 2016 11:00

Jesse,

This does not all appear at all: ..."'rotation lock' now enabled?"

The icon and box in the so-called "Action Center," the toggle in Display settings, the " Unlock Screen AutoRotation" - nothing is there. Nada. Failure to launch, Houston.

I've had Dells before, including an XP 13, and Inspiron 15, and am, honestly, really, really disappointed in this situation, and thinking of going back to Asus.

Thanks for your attention.

D

• 

16.7K Posts

September 20th, 2016 12:00

davebender,

Reinstall the Intel chipset drivers and they will install the sensor drivers for the computer. Once you install the chipset package, all of the controls for screen rotation reappear, but they were still grayed out and when the display is tilted at an angle beyond 200–225 degrees, the keyboard and touch pad will be disabled. The same point may be used to re-enable the input devices when transitioning back to notebook mode from tablet mode.

The controls for screen rotation now gray out when you have the laptop open in the "normal" position, that being with the keyboard on your work surface and the screen tilted back as you would normally use any other laptop. Once you either place the laptop on tent orientation or with the keyboard completely folded back, those controls "un-gray" themselves and can then be change.

Inspiron 7359 2 in 1 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

1 Message

November 29th, 2016 14:00

Thank you Jesse L, after all the instruction the ration finally worked for me :_)

1 Message

January 23rd, 2018 22:00

Thanks Jesse and davebeder,

I had the same issue with my Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1, and installing the drivers again solved the issue.

1 Message

January 25th, 2018 14:00

Jesse

same problem here, but in a 7368 service tag ; the thing is for a failure during windows was booting, i reinstalled windows with the recovery tools, an I notice there was exactly the same problem as Dave had, i installed all the drivers from the Dell website but the laptop its w/the same problem.

Thanks.

1 Message

April 19th, 2018 15:00

I have the same problem.
reinstalling chipset driver - does not help?
Is it hardware problem?
I dont have any sensors in device manager

No Events found!