Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2015 22:00

ALPS Touchpad not scrolling on Win10

Hello everybody,

As far as I've seen there are lots of people having the same touchpad related issues on Windows 10.

In my DELL E6510, I am not being able to scroll after having installed a few different driver versions.

I've heard about trying to install Synaptics drivers may work, but I am not really sure about this.

Has somebody had this issue and actually overcame it?

• 

17K Posts

August 25th, 2015 05:00

GLG_1988,

Unfortunately, I have not heard if Dell will be creating any Windows 10 drivers for this system as well as others. Below is a list of computers that Dell has made Windows 10 drivers for at this time.

Dell Computers Supported with Windows 10

3 Posts

August 25th, 2015 18:00

GLG_1988,

Unfortunately, I have not heard if Dell will be creating any Windows 10 drivers for this system as well as others. Below is a list of computers that Dell has made Windows 10 drivers for at this time.

Dell Computers Supported with Windows 10

Well, I was previously aware of what you mention. But come on, so far the only problem with W10 has been the touchpad scrolling. I am really open to not standard solutions for this. I am pretty sure there are.
Thanks anyway for your kind reply.

2 Posts

August 26th, 2015 22:00

I also lost the scroll feature on my touchpad.  I believe I have the synaptics touchpad but I cant find it in my devices list in order to work with it.  

371 Posts

August 27th, 2015 14:00

mine quit also until i installed the Synaptics program and drivers for it. i got 3542, and Dell gave me some new drivers for win 10..

August 27th, 2015 18:00

Wait...so their answer is they don't know if they will make new drivers for the touchpads, but we can buy another laptop? I just bought this one, and I am not going to buy a Dell if I have to buy a new laptop this quickly.

1 Message

September 14th, 2015 14:00

OK SO PUTTING IN THE SYNMETICS CURED THE PROBLEM? have the same problem please let me know

\thank you Fred

3 Posts

September 16th, 2015 20:00

I've already tried with Synaptic but had no success.

What I can tell you is that you might try to get used to 2-finger scrolling. It's pretty much similar.

You can find the latest drivers in this page:

dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/dell-touchpad-drivers

No Events found!