Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2017 23:00

CANNOT BOOT FROM SSD, OR INSTALL NEW WINDOWS

Hello Dear community , this is my first time posting here so i am not sure how this exactly works , but im gonna state my problem that i have been facing and hopefully a solution can arise 

first of all my laptop is the INSPIRON 15-7559, running WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION, and i have a 1TB HDD , verrry slow 

my problem now is with the SSD that i bought recently which is crucial 256 GB 

but actually my problem started from way before that, it was when i was trying to upgrade my windows home edition to a better one, booting from my USB, and it did not work although i tried different ways, using legacy mode, disabling security, and changing priorities, and i always faced with an error

moreover, i recently got my SSD

I cloned my HDD onto the SSD, and i used different programs to see if it work differently, i tried rebooting from the SSD and i ran into an error and then the laptop will enter a cycle of restarting.

i tried removing the HDD from the laptop physically and booting from the SSD still same problem occurred

i thought it was a bios problem , so i upgraded the bios from the dell website, still same thing

i disabled all security features, still same problem

and i tried deleting all the boot files, and selected each file separately to boot from the ssd , non worked i tried the boot mgfw.efi , i tried bootmgr.efi, i tried bootx64.efi , and i tried bootmgr,mui i think and did not work, i tried them separately non worked,

so it seems my laptop will only accept to work the way i bought it , i cannot upgrade it in anyway , so please please help me

im pretty sure its a software problem , because sometimes i get this wierd electric sound that comes out with the music, and when ever i play any sound , when i havent for a minute, it starts with a POP sound

maybe its a windows problem or a dell problem , its definitely a software issue not a hardware issue  because i tried connecting my laptop to external speakers , same sound occurs 

but now my main issue is with the booting, i cannot upgrade to a better windows and i cannot boot from my SSD 

i also started having problems with my usb port when i connect my phone, it doesnt charge although it shows its charging my phone which is weird 

285 Posts

July 8th, 2017 09:00

Hi,

Check diagnostic test by pressing F12->diagnostics. If its showing no errors. Try clean installation method to install the operating system.  

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 8th, 2017 21:00

Thank you for your message.

This seems to be an issue with the Windows operating system installed.

With the SSD connected, check if the device is getting detected in bios.

Follow this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB to run a hardware diagnostic & check if there is any error message.

Click on this link http://dell.to/2mSZ7fd & enter your system service tag to download the OS & create a bootable media.

Click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag along with the registered name & email address.

1 Message

August 18th, 2018 01:00

Hello

i am facing an issue. I bought one new Dell Lattitude 3490 Ci5/4G/1TB HDD. i replaced the HDD with my new 1 TB WD SSD and installed windows 10 pro on in 64 bits. the bios is detecting my HDD but not able to boot any. pls advise

1 Message

November 26th, 2018 05:00

Hi , didi you fix it? I have the same problem.
No Events found!