Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

January 22nd, 2018 05:00

Cant Calibrate 2X Dell 1909wf Monitor

Hey, I have a Windows 10 setup with 2 X Dell 1909wf touch screen monitors.  Every thing was working fine till I did some updates yesterday.  Now the touch isn't accurate.  I tried to calibrate the screens (Tablet PC Settings) but one that isn't an option on the control panel.  I followed an other post and made the short cut to that menu.  But when on it, the calibrate option is greyed out for the 2 monitors.

The touch works but is off a a whole screen.  If I am at the far left side of the left hand monitor the curser is perfect, as I move across the left hand monitor it goes out.  By the century of the L mon the curser is as the beginning of the Right monitor.  Once at about 3/4 of L mon the curser is 1/2 across the R mon.  The same happens on the other monitor going the other way.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Elliott

3 Posts

January 22nd, 2018 06:00

Hi Chris, Thats very odd.  I can't get to the back of the monitor as it it **bleep** into a flight case at the moment but this is the info off of the pull out tab on the side of the monitor. 

S/N CN-0XYF7K-72872-0B4-AYEI

Many thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 22nd, 2018 06:00

The seven year old 1909W is both the 1909Wf and 1909Wb. What is confusing to me is that the seven year old 1909W is NOT a touch screen monitor? Before we proceed, check the labels on the rear of the monitors. Give me the 20 digit serial numbers.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 22nd, 2018 11:00

Dell part number XYF7K is a non-touch monitor. There is nothing in the 2010 1909W User's Guide relating to touch screen.

3 Posts

January 23rd, 2018 04:00

Well that is very strange, as I have been using them for the past year as touch screens.  The box they came in says it is a touch on it as well as it actually being a touch screen.  It has the USB port for the touch control also.  

So there is nothing I can do?  Im going to do a system restore and see if that works, though I really didn't want to loose all my recent updates and changes.  

So I don't know if the monitor has a labelled wrong?  It is 100% a touch screen, I have used them for over a year now and on differs machines.  

I have the SN from one of the other monitors and it isn't XYF7K based - CN-04MGYF-74261-0C1-1H1S

I would love to resolve this today. 
Thanks for your help

Best
Ell

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 23rd, 2018 07:00

"The box they came in says it is a touch on it as well"
* Take and post a picture of the box
* Press the Menu button on the monitors. Post pictures of the main Menu screen

04MGYF is also a non-touch monitor. See this. There is no mention of it having a touch screen.

Lets backup, a touch screen monitor is like this one. Is that what you mean by touch screen?

No Events found!