1 Copper

Re: Dell Command Update 3.1.2 hangs with "Operation in progress".

Jump to solution

Same issue but with version 3.1.102 that will not update

0 Kudos
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same issue.  Please provide solution and/or tests to solve.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm facing the same issue with 3.1.3 version update on Windows 7 - it hangs after '10%'.

I've uploaded the activity log to https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2QdZ/22YmLWRA3

My device is OptiPlex 3020

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

This is the extract from log file (C:\ProgramData\Dell\UpdateService\Clients\CommandUpdate\Client.log)

[2020-09-19 17:35:30] {Dell.DCU.ViewModels.Base.UpdateViewModelBase->INFO} Sandbox Directory Status: Nominal
[2020-09-19 17:35:30] {Dell.DCU.ViewModels.Base.UpdateViewModelBase->INFO} A 'Initialize' operation, owned by another application ('Service'), is currently in progress.
[2020-09-19 17:35:30] {Dell.DCU.ViewModels.Base.UpdateViewModelBase->INFO} Ignoring the 'Initialize' operation because it is owned by a another application.
[2020-09-19 17:35:30] {Dell.DCU.Views.UpdateView->INFO} UpdateView Loaded
[2020-09-19 17:35:40] {Dell.DCU.MainWindow->INFO} Event handler mouse left
[2020-09-19 17:36:12] {Dell.DCU.Views.UpdateFilterTabView->ERROR} Exception Occurred.
System.InvalidOperationException: The specified Visual is not an ancestor of this Visual.
at System.Windows.Media.Visual.TrySimpleTransformToAncestor(Visual ancestor, Boolean inverse, GeneralTransform& generalTransform, Matrix& simpleTransform)
at System.Windows.Media.Visual.TransformToAncestor(Visual ancestor)
at Dell.DCU.Views.UpdateFilterTabView.IsOutsideViewport(UIElement uiElement)
[2020-09-19 17:36:14] {Dell.DCU.Views.UpdateFilterTabView->ERROR} Exception Occurred.
System.InvalidOperationException: The specified Visual is not an ancestor of this Visual.
at System.Windows.Media.Visual.TrySimpleTransformToAncestor(Visual ancestor, Boolean inverse, GeneralTransform& generalTransform, Matrix& simpleTransform)
[2020-09-19 17:36:16] {Dell.DCU.Views.UpdateFilterTabView->ERROR} Exception Occurred.
[2020-09-19 17:36:41] {Dell.DCU.ViewModels.Base.UpdateViewModelBase->INFO} A 'Initialize' operation, owned by the 'Service' application, is currently in progress. Block until the operation completes.
[2020-09-19 17:36:41] {Dell.App.Core.ServiceAccessor.InstanceHandler->INFO} Service call try count : 0
[2020-09-19 17:36:41] {Dell.DCU.ViewModels.Base.UpdateViewModelBase->INFO} Service is busy. Operation is 10% completed.
[2020-09-19 17:36:42] {Dell.DCU.ViewModels.Base.UpdateViewModelBase->INFO} Service is busy. Operation is 10% completed.

Uploaded the whole file to https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4XR6/2U693ctKk

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Any solution?

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Seeing the same with update version 3.1.3.

Hope a solution comes soon.

0 Kudos
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same Problem here, first all runs smooth. After sucessfull BIOS Update now it hangs on 10% Operation in progress. Tried serveral reboots and waiting  without sucess

Volker

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I'm seeing the same issue. Tried repairing and also removing DCU per another post's suggestion and the application is still not working. Tried using Revo Uninstaller and got the same issue. Running V3.1.3 of the Universal Windows Platform version for Windows 10

0 Kudos
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I uninstalled the application.
renamed this two folders
C:\ProgramData\Dell\UpdatePackage
C:\ProgramData\Dell\UpdateService
(I had to stop dell services that where running in order to be able to rename the folders. NOt sure which one di it but I stopped every service that began with DELL)

Once the folders where renamed I reinstalled the app. The install created the folders again and now its working.. so looks like something in those folders is telling the app that something is still running.

0 Kudos
1 Copper

Jump to solution
regarding my case , after moving the PC in a new domain (so a new admin profile was created) the problem was gone. No other changes had been made to this PC. So maybe it helps if you create a new user profile with admin rights on the workstation Greetings from Austria, Volker
0 Kudos