Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2015 11:00

Dell Latitude E6530 Fingerprint Reader Issues

Hi all. Since upgrading my E6530 to Windows 10 the other day I can't get my fingerprint reader to work. Two issues: First, when I installed the new DDPA it told me my ControlVault drivers did not meet the minimum requirements. However I can't find any newer drivers anywhere. Second, when I try to use the fingerprint reader to log onto WIndows I get the message "Fingerprint not verified' even though I enrolled the prints with DDPA and with WIndows.

Any help here?  Thanks .......... Rob

2 Posts

August 7th, 2015 08:00

I have the same problem, also I could 't find the finger print setting in my security console, see below my image.

Any body please help us with these problems.

2 Posts

August 7th, 2015 17:00

for some reason i dont even have the dell data protection software after i upgraded to windows 10

Is this fixable?

3 Posts

September 14th, 2015 12:00

I just upgraded to windows 10 and am experiencing the same issue.  Is there movement on this topic?  A quick search states that this is now built in windows 10 but it does not work there either.

31 Posts

September 18th, 2015 22:00

Windows 10 does not like the Dell Data Protection software.  I had to reload the OS multiple times due to strange issues with the OS.  Once I stopped putting the DDP software on no more issues.  Windows has a build in way to do finger print scanning built in.  It works flawlessly in 8.1 but so far I am only having more pain trying to get it working in 10.  That said stay away from the DDP software.  Once it is in there is no way to get it out, at least in my test installs.

1 Message

February 5th, 2016 08:00

Hello, I've found a solution and you can read it here: tturba.wordpress.com/.../how-to-configure-fingerprint-logon-on-dell-latitude-e6530

No Events found!