Start a Conversation

Unsolved

WL

1 Message

March 16th, 2019 06:00

Dell OS Recovery Tool

I am trying to create a OS Recovery via Dell OS Recovery Tool, but after choose the image. I cannot download anything. It keep saying my internet connection is interrupt. 

But I can access to internet. I tried on different machine in office still fail. Then I tried in home also fail.

Is this Dell problem? 

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 18th, 2019 05:00

Not a dell problem.

Something wrong with your connection.

3 Posts

March 18th, 2019 05:00

Hello,

I encountered the same issue, definitely not our connection issue.

Even using connection from office or friends' house, same issue.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 18th, 2019 10:00

Recovery Tool on what machine?

What version of windows?

DOT NET 4.72 installed?

Who is your ISP?  Comcast? Verizon, Etc

I have used the recovery tool for both Linux and Windows as recently as last week and it works every time.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln299044/how-to-download-and-use-the-dell-os-recovery-image-in-microsoft-windows?lang=en

1 Message

March 18th, 2019 10:00

Yup it worked for me a week or so ago, and it does not work. Its not been working for the last 3/4 days, all i get is an error unable to download, retry.

Same PC, same app version, same everything, and it worked a week ago and hasn't been working over the weekend.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 21st, 2019 04:00

Tried again today.  It works fine.

WIN10 recoveryWIN10 recovery

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 23rd, 2019 16:00

@Windsor Law wrote:

I am trying to create a OS Recovery via Dell OS Recovery Tool, but after choose the image. I cannot download anything. It keep saying my internet connection is interrupt. 

But I can access to internet. I tried on different machine in office still fail. Then I tried in home also fail.

Is this Dell problem? 

I just did the download twice on my Inspiron 15 7567.  It does take the actual machine or a service tag for the one being reset.  I was surprised to see the final USB drive was for the latest Win 10 version and did contain the OEM options, just as a Win 10 recovery drive would have.

The OS your system came with is probably very important.  If it originally had something other than Win 10, it may download the original OS.  I got Win 10 Pro, which I have on my machine and downloaded the Win 10 image (5.5 GB) and not the other smaller file which showed as recommended.

Of course, the Spring Win 10 build upgrade should be available in around two weeks so you may want to wait, if you can.

No Events found!