Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 13th, 2016 18:00

Dell Premier Color No Longer Working (XPS 15 9550 4K Display)

Dell Premier Color Software Application is no longer working after Windows 10 Anniversary Update.  Is it just me?  XPS 15 9550 4K Display.  Frustrating not being able to change color profile.

9 Posts

December 23rd, 2016 21:00

A version with a fixed issue has been posted on the homepage. It has been updated from 2.00.199 to 3.01.002. It seems to have been updated recently. Dell is likely to need to quickly update and update resolution information for these implementation issues. I am very disappointed in this part.

www.portrait.com/.../upgrade.html

7 Posts

September 13th, 2016 19:00

I got my precision 5510 a few days ago.Updated to the latest Win10 and i have the same problem-the Premier Color Soft is no longer launching.This is utterly annoying since uninstalling and then installing it again it completely messed up my color profile-currently totally out of tune and blueish.I don't want to downgrade to Win7 just to get the calibration.

7 Posts

September 13th, 2016 19:00

btw just tested the compatability mode of Premier Color and it says it's compatable with Win 8.That is probably the problem but still annoying nonetheless

September 13th, 2016 21:00

To clarify, the application was working just fine on Win 10 until the anniversary edition update (currently being rolled out).  The 4K display on the XPS 15 9550 has eye bleed saturation.  I found a way to dial it down via the Intel HD graphics control panel (via Display > Color Settings > Advanced > Color Gamut > Natural Colors).

Edit:  I just uninstalled Dell Premier Color and the option in the Intel HD graphics control panel to dial down the color gamut went away so it seems the Dell Premier Color application is needed to control the color gamut and working behind the scenes with the Intel HD graphics.  I also found another way to tap the preset Dell Premier Color profiles.  Right click on the desktop > Dell Premier Color > click any option other than "tune display".  Unfortunately, if you choose "tune display" the application crashes.  It's too bad the Dell Premier Color interface can no longer be accessed because it bundles a super annoying grid alignment feature that I'm not sure can be turned off unless you can tap the interface.  Fortunately I had turned off the grid alignment feature a while back. 

102 Posts

September 14th, 2016 12:00

Add me to the list.

1 Message

September 14th, 2016 14:00

Im glad that i just skippede the 4k display ordering my xps15. Got an i7,16gb and 512gb ssd on order with eta 21/9..

1 Message

September 15th, 2016 08:00

I am running a Dell Precision 5510 Workstation and started experiencing the same issue after the Windows 10 update a few days ago. No luck finding any solutions online either.

7 Posts

September 17th, 2016 07:00

by the way,after a week since i got my Precision 5510 with the 4K display i noticed the red tint when viewed from even small angles.This is super annoying and after doing a bit of research i found other people with similar complains.This is seriously ridiculous given the price i paid for this laptop.I would like to know if someone else here have this problem and is there a way to be fixed(eventhough i seriously doubt that).

It is very noticeable especially on black background.

3 Posts

September 17th, 2016 21:00

Same problem.  Windows updated, upon reboot, I was welcomed to "we have updated your computer".

Now, Dell Premier color does not work.

May MS rot in "he double hockey sticks"!!

16 Posts

September 19th, 2016 15:00

I also updated to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Version 1607 today.  After the update, the Dell PremierColor application on my Dell XPS 15 9550 does not function properly.  I can "right click" on the shortcut in the System Tray and obtain some of the functionality, but I cannot open it. As soon as I open the application, it crashes. I visited the website Portrait Displays (www.portraitcom) from the "check for update" feature.  After looking in the site for a bit, they simply recommend updating the display drivers to the latest versions from the manufacturer's web site.  For now, I have stuck with the latest Intel driver through the Dell site. My NVIDIA GeForce is updated to the latest driver through the Update feature in the NVIDIA application.  Despite this, and uninstalling and re-installing the Dell PremierColor application, it does not open. I simply get a "not responding" message and an attempt by Windows 10 to fix it.  The application then crashes.

This is very disappointing for the key application feature of a 4K display on a high end machine.  Any other suggestions for a fix?  Hopefully Dell is working with Microsoft and Portrait Displays for a fix.

September 24th, 2016 16:00

I was just on the phone with Dell Support about this. They are aware of the incompatibility with Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and are working on a fix, estimated to be done in about a month.

September 24th, 2016 18:00

I was just on the phone with Dell. They're aware of this problem, and are hoping to fix it within a month.

4 Posts

September 29th, 2016 21:00

I am one more on the list where it no longer works.

4 Posts

October 7th, 2016 12:00

Just got off the phone with Dell, (two separate calls). They have no clue what is happening with premier color software and they have no idea when it will be fixed! The second call when they didn't have an answer, I asked to speak to a supervisor, and then i was put on hold and no one ever came back on the line.

October 10th, 2016 08:00

Could you guys try rolling back or downloading the Nvidia driver from the drivers page and see if that resolves the issue for now?

No Events found!