Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

RC

April 18th, 2016 15:00

Dell Support for Windows 10

I just finished a two-day marathon that started with McAfee Techmaster and migrated to Microsoft Support.  8 1/2 hours on Sunday, 2 hours today.  The latest Windows 10 Update apparently had some problems, resulting in the disabling of the Start icon, Cortana, Notifications Icon and more.  McAfee could not figure it out apparently, and the first online, chat Microsoft IT support person totally failed after nearly four hours of effort.  Another couple of hours on the phone with another Microsoft IT expert looked like a success until I encountered another glitch this morning with my Outlook Contacts being missing and some kind of restore function returning them but then I could not sign back into the computer.  So, the last person I spoke with resolved that problem, and the laptop seems to be operating normally.

My question is whether or not Dell Support personnel are trained and have access to Microsoft command codes, etc. to remedy Windows 10 problems?  If not, I am beginning to think that a person needs multiple support contracts to handle all the various problems encountered by PCs and Windows Operating Systems - as opposed to Apple.

If I am correct, I would need the following tech support contracts:

Microsoft for Windows 10; Dell for Dell-specific problems; McAfee for security-related problems, and maybe someone else to deal with "all the rest"?

If someone could clarify this issue, it would be appreciated.  I paid for a four-year support contract with Dell, and I am beginning to wonder if it takes care of much of anything.

Thank you for your patience.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 19th, 2016 11:00

Extended warranties are only for Hardware failures, not software. Get software support for the windows 10 operating system from Microsoft. The MS Community forum is a good place to get help from MS and other users. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

• 

16.7K Posts

April 19th, 2016 11:00

Rock Cairn

Dell techs should be able to resolve your Windows 10 issues if your system was shipped with Win 10 installed or your computer is on the Dell list of Verified Computers available for upgrade to Windows 10. If your computer was shipped with McAfee Dell Technical Support will perform basic Level 1 support functions limited to software installation and verify the functionality of the Dell hardware. In the event that McAfee encounters an error while installing due to a conflicting software, Technical Support may identify and uninstall the conflicting software.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

You would click my name in blue, then on the next page in the upper right corner, click the words "send private message"

2 Posts

April 26th, 2016 19:00

Hello.

How to download Windows 10 Pro x64 (for Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 ) .

I try download from www.dell.com/.../drivers .

But it's timeout on 1gb.

And  official windows 10 Pro x64 (dowloaded from MS site)  is so many bugs and not compatible Dell inspiron 7559.

I need windows 10 Pro x64  compatibe  Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559.

Help me Please. :)

• 

16.7K Posts

April 27th, 2016 07:00

Monggul,

You will need to download Windows 10 pro from Microsoft.com. Click the link below for help upgrading to Windows 10.

Windows 10 

Once you have Windows 10 installed you can then go and update the computers Windows 10 Drivers for your computer at the link below.

Support.dell.com

2 Posts

April 27th, 2016 19:00

Thanks .

I'll try this next time.

i have installed windows 10 pro (download Windows 10 pro from Microsoft.com). Then installed this many PC and Laptops (asus, sony, . . ) .  Others no problem (all diveses are installed one usb ).

but my dell 7559 is some problems. EX: Chrome not starting,  Wifi is disconnecting. then once restart my 7559 after this problems are fixed.

I have installed drivers with windows update. It's may be wrong. i will try Support.dell.com Drivers next time.

------------------------------------

Is (Windows 10 pro from Microsoft.com) same as ( support.dell.com - Windows Recovery Image on Operating system section) ?

• 

16.7K Posts

April 28th, 2016 06:00

Monggul.

Windows 10 is from my microsoft. The dell recovery image is the image that came installed on your computer of the original OS. . Since you reinstalled Windows pro on your computer from Mircosoft there is no recovery image.  

No Events found!