Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

August 18th, 2017 09:00

Dell Update stuck on "Intel HD Graphics Driver" update

Dell Update reports there's an update for "Intel HD Graphics Driver". When I click Install Now, it looks like it installed, but it reports the same update again an hour later (or immediately if I force update check).

I have this problem on a XPS 13 9350. This is a recurring problem happening to a lot of people for various updates.

If a Dell assistant reads this, please help us all the way through until it's fixed once and for all. Appreciate it!

• 

16.7K Posts

August 21st, 2017 08:00

lco22,

If the driver is installed you can disregard the message. You can also disable Dell Updates and  support assist or uninstall it from installed programs in control panel. Below is information on support assist.

Dell SupportAssist for PCs and tablets

August 22nd, 2017 10:00

So you're saying we do not need the Dell Update application? Because it seems to be broken. How can I ensure I get new drivers when they're available. I also have an audio issue so my hope is eventually the magic computer fairies will bless me with a new one that fixes the issue.

12 Posts

August 23rd, 2017 08:00

Ah, that's too bad. Jesse, I'm guessing you're getting the runaround from the XPS team (or your own managers). If management cares, let them know you're seeing customers lost to bad update software. My XPS 13 gets  B+. I'll try HP Spectre next. Appreciate your help.

August 23rd, 2017 11:00

Yep, absolutely horrible experience so far. I will actively discourage people from getting one... although I think I ignored common sense when I went with you in the first place.

4 Posts

August 25th, 2017 01:00

I'm having this same issue. Its causing issues since I often times put it to sleep and does not start up properly. I have to hold down the power to hard boot it up again and then see the Windows System Assessment Tool kick off. Fix this already.

June 27th, 2018 06:00

This is not a fix to the problem.  :(

8 Posts

September 2nd, 2018 05:00

I am getting this error too "Installation of Intel HD Graphics Driver failed!" then system restarts every time it goes exits from sleep.

2 Posts

September 29th, 2018 00:00

I am having the same problem with my XPS 9350. Dell Update is saying that the update of the Intel HD Graphics Driver is ready for installation, but it does not install.  When I launch Support Assist, it says that I need to update the BIOS, but also this one does not work. 

I am having serious problem with the PC. The sleep mode does not work. The computer just shuts down completely, with all my open work in office unsaved. Every few months the computer does not start up anymore, and it is necessary to open it, disconnect the battery and start / top the system for numerous times.

ThIs is A SERIOUS PROBLEM, and it seems to be recurring with many users. Unbelievable for a premium PC of only 2 years old.  Can someone from Dell provide a real solution to this issue?

September 29th, 2018 03:00

Xps 13 9350 (late 2015) here. It's september 29th 2018. This issue is still here. I only get rid of it uninstalling Dell Update, but then I'm afraid I'm losing something on the updates side

1 Message

May 5th, 2021 02:00

Hey, I'm having a similar-ish problem. I went to install the update on my new Inspiron 14 7000 and now the laptop has been stuck on the "restarting" screen for a few hours now. What do I do?

No Events found!