Unsolved

Z

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

February 28th, 2020 22:00

Dell command update 3.1.1 (Error 1920)

Hi guys,

when i try to install Dell command update i always receiving this error.

The service fail to start so the setup of the app cannot end.

I have an admin account. I tried with other versions like 3.0.1 but no luck.

Any suggestions ?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 29th, 2020 07:00

https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/I-get-an-Error-1920-when-I-try-to-install-LogMeIn-What-should-I-do-en1

A 1920 error is caused by antivirus software or windows firewall blocking accessing any of the default install ports used during installation.

1. Terminate LogMeIn services running on your computer. To do this, open the Task Manager and terminate all instances of the following:
    • LMIGuardian.exe
    • LogMeIn.exe
    • LogMeInSystray.exe
    • ramaint.exe
  2. Navigate to your Program Files folder and delete the LogMeIn Folder (usually under C:\Program Files).
  3. Open the Registry Editor by pressing Windows+R and typing regedit in the Open box.
  4. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and delete the LogMeIn folder.
  5. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and delete the LogMeIn folder.
  6. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Current Control Set\Services and delete the following:
    • LMIInfo
    • LMImaint
    • LMImirr
    • LMIfsClinetNP
    • LMIRfsDriver
    • LogMeIn
  7. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and delete the LogMeIn GUI string value.
  8. Restart the computer.

After restarting the computer, LogMeIn should be uninstalled.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

February 29th, 2020 22:00

I don't have LogMeIn install in my laptop 

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 2nd, 2020 08:00

antivirus software or windows is firewall blocking or external firewall is blocking the ports and or you are not running the installer as Adminstrator.

Neither dell nor microsoft is going to give you the ports and addresses for where the software installs because malware was released specifically to try to fake the install certificates. Dell SupportAssist Client versions prior to 3.2.0.90 contain a remote code execution vulnerability. Dell Command Update versions prior to 3.1.1 contain a Vulnerability. A local authenticated malicious user with low privileges potentially could exploit this vulnerability to delete arbitrary files by creating a symlink from the "Temp\ICProgress\Dell_InventoryCollector_Progress.xml" to any targeted file. 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=ph01c&oscode=wt64a&productcode=optiplex-7050-desktop

https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER06095696M/1/Dell-Command-Update-Win-32_PH01C_WIN_3.1.1_A00.EXE

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

January 27th, 2022 05:00

I know this is an older thread, but it is the 2nd result for this specific issue on google.

I had this very issue, and it is noting to do with antivirus or logmein. The problem lies with the permissions for this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Dell\UpdateService

With some users, for whatever reason, permissions are set incorrectly. Delete or rename this folder and installation will work, without issue. 

1 Message

February 16th, 2022 21:00

Thank you Jaette, problem solved. One of my malware/ransomware programs changed permission on this folder. 

1 Message

April 19th, 2022 01:00

You are a GENIUS !!!!!!!!! it is working !!!! thank you a lot mate !

1 Rookie

• 

26 Posts

April 24th, 2022 14:00

Muito obrigada. Resolveu meu problema! 

1 Message

May 10th, 2022 11:00

Thanks Jaette.  For me, this was happening on a Dell 7420 that I had just reset via the Dell SupportAssist Recovery tool.  Nothing else installed.  So running into the antivirus and LogMeIn posts were clearly not what was going on here.  Really appreciate your sharing the solution.

1 Message

May 12th, 2022 19:00

Awesome! Been looking for a fix for a while already. This did it! 

1 Message

September 29th, 2022 09:00

Thanks!

Finally it worked

1 Message

November 9th, 2022 10:00

This was the answer - thank you!  I've been fighting Dell Update for so long.

1 Message

January 12th, 2023 02:00

It is very helpful and really works well. 

January 31st, 2023 14:00

Thank you Jaette this worked like a charm and I finally got my Alienware Command Center up  and running. 

March 22nd, 2023 09:00

You ROCK! Thank you!

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

November 15th, 2023 13:36

Disabling anti-virus did work for me, FYI.

No Events found!