Start a Conversation

Unsolved

U

1 Message

October 18th, 2018 05:00

Dell inspiration 3542 stuck on installation.

I was installing windows 10 from ISO image file. While installing laptop's power gone down and when i put it into charger an error message showing that " windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered. Please restart to continue installation." But after restarting same error is coming. Command prompt is not coming from shift+F10 key and F8 key is not working. I don't have any flash drive or dvd. I can make another bootable drive but I don't have another laptop. Please help. 

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

October 18th, 2018 13:00

@Uzmajid wrote:

I was installing windows 10 from ISO image file. While installing laptop's power gone down and when i put it into charger an error message showing that " windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered. Please restart to continue installation." But after restarting same error is coming. Command prompt is not coming from shift+F10 key and F8 key is not working. I don't have any flash drive or dvd. I can make another bootable drive but I don't have another laptop. Please help. 

Nothing to be done.

You need to borrow another PC.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 20th, 2018 07:00

Can you get into the Bios setup?  If so, is there a boot device menu on which you could choose the flash drive to boot and start over?

I don't know anything about your system, but if it uses an M.2 drive, the type of driver needed for a clean install of Windows may not be available.  Although, it does sound like the power loss messed things up. 

Maybe remove the flash drive to see if it boots.

No Events found!