Highlighted
ethanz
1 Copper

Dell inspiron N7110 running Windows 10- severe graphical issues

I have run into an incredibly odd issue with my inspiron n17110 while running windows 10. It appears that the dell drivers are malfunctioning, and the result is not pretty.

The graphic driver is not the issue. Dell's software is. I have eliminated both graphic cards from the cause.

What got me to point the finger at dell is that when I press the physical button on the top right of the base that turns off the screen (sort of like a "force to screensaver") is pressed and then the screen woken up, the issue is immediately resolved. I'm fairly disappointing that a device that is less that 4 years old has still not had a critical issue like this resolved yet.

I guess my question is, has anyone else experienced this, and is there any way to fix it for the time being? Thanks!

Tags (1)
5 Replies

RE: Dell inspiron N7110 running Windows 10- severe graphical issues

Unfortunately, Dell does not have any Windows 10 drivers available for this computer. It has not been tested for the Windows 10 upgrade. You may have issues with the hardware on this computer if you have no Windows 10 drivers.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
ChuckB1024
1 Copper

That is quite unfortunate, indeed, and after owning two Dells that would be the primary reason I think they will be my last.

I am having the exact same issue. It is absurd that a Windows computer with these specs would be obsolete after 4 years. Get off your ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> Dell and bring your fleet of computers up to date.

0 Kudos
ethanz
1 Copper

I found that pressing the screen sleep button and waking it back up stops the episode. Obviously not enough, but it will help.

0 Kudos
Damadell
1 Copper

Will Dell fix this?  it's an issue in the Video forum from FazzyBear.  This may be my last Dell after years of buying them (at least 10).  The machine isn;t that old and they don't support Windows 10?  Crazy.  Tablet or Apple, here I come!

0 Kudos
mftgames
1 Copper

Re: Dell inspiron N7110 running Windows 10- severe graphical issues

I can confirm this on Windows 7 proffesional 64bit.

0 Kudos