Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 6th, 2015 13:00

Error 80070003 when trying to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10

Hi,

Couple weeks ago I bought this laptop from you

Inspiron 15 (5558, Early 2015)

Service Tag removed per privacy policy.

and I have tried many things which I read on the internet by google the error message I am always receiving when I try to upgrade to windows 10.Is really frustrating to try more that 10 times to upgrade and always to have this problem. You must definitely do something about it ASAP. I am thinking to send my laptop back to you and to ask my money back. I contact your technical support and you told that there will be additional charge for fixing this problem!!!!What kind of service is that or shall I fraud maybe???Windows 10 is free upgrade which the windows you put in are unable to upgrade and I am not going to pay for you fault!!!!!Find a way to fix the problem.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 7th, 2015 03:00

If you have not done so update your UEFI BIOS to A03:

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03175139M/1/Inspiron_5458_A03.exe

Next try to begin the Windows 10 Update by using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows/a-clean-install-of-windows-10/upgrading-to-windows-10/

8 Posts

August 7th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

I update my BIOS to AO3 as you mentioned. Then I try to upgrade to windows 10 aw described in the link by using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool  but during the installation at 24% it stops and the failure message is "something happened"!!!

The second thing I tried was to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool   again and save the Windows 10 as an ISO file to an external Hard Drive.Then I use the virtual drive application which came with my laptop I start the installation and at 24% again it stops with the same failure message.

The third thing I tried was to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool  again and save the Windows 10 to a USB Flash drive. Then I start the installation from the USB Flash Drive and at 24% again it stops with the same failure message.

I have search for a solution over the internet by trying coplue of things as below: 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-update-error-80070003#1TC=windows-7

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/error-code-80070003-on-windows-10-upgrade-from-81/8a4af5e0-b8e8-4f8f-8a9e-bad3f2e88760?auth=1

also try the windows update trouble shooting and still nothing!!!

I have to say that this laptop I bought from you cannot upgrade to windows 10!!!I don't know what is the problem or if you have put wrong windows inside etc but this really unacceptable for a brand new laptop!!!!Unless you provide a solution ASAP  I will arrange to send it to you Monday morning and to ask for my money back or you can send me the same with windows 10 installed. 

August 9th, 2015 07:00

I have a Dell Inspiron 5448 I got day August 21, 2015. The BIOS of my machine is the A04 version and I am also going through the same problem. The default update error 80070003 ends in. To run Setup manually inside Windows 8.1 arrives at 24% and for.

We would like to know a solution to this problem.

Already grateful.

8 Posts

August 10th, 2015 05:00

Hi,

After calling dell technical support today they told to wait for 1-2 weeks because a lot of people are facing the same or similar problems upgrading to windows 10.They also told me that the problem is with the hardware.If that the case then how you really going to solve it???Are you going to point us to install new hardware drivers or you need to replace some of the hardware devices because they are incompatible (wondering how to release a list of laptops that are able to upgrade to windows 10 although in reality they are unable!!!!) which means we must send the laptops to you to do it?Why don't simply collect our laptops install windows 10 for us and send them back to us?

We demand an official answer from your side.

No Events found!