Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

August 8th, 2019 05:00

Error Message - When I start Chrome: Failed to load dll - 'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll' - The specific module coulde not be found

Hi,

Today i have upgrade Windows to 1903 version. I have a G3 3579.

It's all OK, but when I start Chrome the following error message appears:

Failed to load dll - 'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll' - The specific module coulde not be found

1Cattura.JPG

Can you help me?

Thanks

Domenico

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

August 16th, 2019 00:00

Hi,

Yes I solved the problem.
Go to the Dell support page - Driver section
In category select: Serial ATA
Download the following file: Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console
Start the installation - Click on Remove and at the end restart the PC
After rebooting, open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console file again, start the installation, and then restart the PC.
After that you won't have the problem anymore.

1 Message

August 15th, 2019 15:00

Hi, Have you managed to resolve this? I am experiencing the same after the 1903 upgrade

October 5th, 2019 10:00

@Nico83rm 

=========================================================================

CONTENTS OF POST:

•  [1] Solution     [2] Error Message     [3] Details about my experience with this issue

========================================================================

[1] SOLUTION

STEPS TO RESOLVE ISSUE "Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning" | Unable to load DLL ' iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll '

• UNINSTALL Intel Optane Software

Start >> Type: Control Panel >> Launch Control Panel >> Programs and Features >> You should see a specific Intel Optane Software Component  >>  Click on Intel Optane Software  >> Click Uninstall >> Restart PC

[2] ERROR MESSAGE:  Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning: Unable to load DLL  Unable to load DLL ' iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll ': The specified module could not be found.

(screenshot of error message)

IntelOptaneMemoryPinning-UnableToLoadDLL.jpg

[3] Details about my experience with this issue

• My error started on 29-AUG-2019 after a bigger/longer Windows or Dell update.
  • MY SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Dell Inspirion 17 5000 Series.
  • Windows 10 Home. 
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz  1.99 GHz;
  • Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB; System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

FYI...   My Dell laptop doesn't have Intel Optane Memory:

Note: The resolution above applies to DELL PCs without Intel Optane Memory.  If you have Intel Optane Memory, visit :

https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist/Intel-Optane-tm-Memory-Pinning-can-not-load-the-file-library-DLL/m-p/7377883/highlight/true#M88886

No Events found!