Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2015 16:00

Failed driver install - drivers not found

I have 3 issues with Dell Data Protection.  First issue is neither the Encryption nor the Security Tools is showing in the un-install programs.  Second issue is Encryption shows only the Enterprise as installing not the Personal, which is not really a problem I hope.  Third issue is neither my finger printer reader nor my smart card readers (contact and contactless) are getting their drivers.

Next issue is, there was a Dell Command Update for Windows 8/8.1 to do the driver updates.  There is no version for Windows 10 and neither of the Dell Command programs/downloads seem to work as described in the instructions.  They do not show in un-install programs either.

System is E6530.  OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 (not yet activated as this is a test machine)!  Clean install done using media from Microsoft and drivers (all that installed)  from either Microsoft or Dell.  Installed to UEFI drive.  Not yet encrypted but will be as some point.  BIOS is at A16 (current).

Questions how (other than redoing the OS install) do I get to uninstall those programs and why are the drivers for the finger print reader and smart card readers not getting installed?

31 Posts

August 11th, 2015 16:00

Dell release the Command Update today it appears!  Yah now to see if it works!

It did a great job of finding and getting install the drivers I could not get installed or found.  I still have a concern about Dell Data Encryption installing as Enterprise instead of Personal but I left the servers blank and hope that does not leave me a security hole to worry about in the future.

No Events found!