Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

October 11th, 2019 10:00

Help me upgrade to windows 10 education

I try to enter my windows 10 education code in the settings to perform the upgrade but it always fails for 0x0. Ive contacted and troubleshooted with Microsoft many times with no solution. I have come to the conclusion that alienwares version of windows 10 is preventing me from changing the software versions tied to the hardware... for the same reason I can never update my system unless I use the Alienware update rather than the built in updates system.

Is this accurate or am I missing something. I have had numerous Alienware computers, and now I’m about to never touch another one. If I cant even control what happens to the computer I own... do I even own it?

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

October 11th, 2019 12:00

Try the following site and note the following paragraph.

Subscription Activation for Windows 10 Education

Subscription Activation for Education works the same as the Enterprise version, but in order to use Subscription Activation for Education, you must have a device running Windows 10 Pro Education, version 1903 or later and an active subscription plan with a Windows 10 Enterprise license. For more information, see the requirements section.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/windows-10-subscription-activation

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 18th, 2019 06:00

There is no upgrade of retail or OEM to enterprise or education. Only clean install.

No Events found!