Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

March 18th, 2018 00:00

Help resolve windows 10 installation

I wasn't sure where to post exactly as one problem possibly let to another but I remain confident to fix this issue after countless research and attempts to fix it.
I understand it's simple to invest in a new PC but I cannot do that as of now. This will be a lengthy post. As of now I have no access to the PC anymore. It is stuck in a boot loop after wiping the whole PC. Only access is F12.

Specs:
Dell Precision T3500
Invidia Quadro 4000
12GB Kingston RAM(Was using half of RAM)
64bit(was 32bit)
Xeon w3565 Processor
Windows 10 (Was Windows 7 Pro)

(Skip if needed)
Previous issue:
After a calm day on Beamng Drive my whole entire display breaks up and gets a GPU error. Display resulted in lower resolution, white/black stripes that prevented access to the PC, display is not clear as you can see thin, clear lines of broken pixels. I received a Code 43 in the Quadro 4000 driver and followed each solutions to fix it online from Microsoft. **Even though my GPU is showing no issues I could not fix it. No overheating, no weird noises and the fan runs normally**
After many attempts I decided to wipe the PC. Bad idea? Or good?

Current issue:
PC was factory reset with no issues other than display still being a little funky. When I reached to the point of reinstalling Windows 10 I got a error that it could not be installed due to a error. I followed this guide: F+10 > Typed "regedit" and followed the address to change a value from 1 to 3. Now I'm stuck ina boot loop and the only access I have is F12 other than turning it off and on.

If it comes down to being unresolved I will simply move on and wait until I can buy a new GPU(?) or a PC for digital art, photography editing.

PS I tried using DriverEasy and I hate it!!!!!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 18th, 2018 08:00

As this is an old, discontinued model, Dell only has drivers for XP, nothing else.  It may be this model is not compatible with Win 10 (there is some hardware limits for Win 10 compatibility - all not just Dell).  

You can try a clean Win 10 install to see if it will install.  Here is the tutorial from the tenforums.com 

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

If Win 10 still does not install, I would suggest putting Win 7 back on as it apparently did work OK at one point with Win 7.  

Install sequence (1) Install Windows (2) Install Intel motherboard chipset drivers (3) Install device drivers such as Video, Sound, etc.

2 Posts

March 18th, 2018 12:00

I will accept going back to Windows 7 Pro, however I'm stuck in a boot loop with F12 only accessible.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 18th, 2018 14:00

If you can get to F12 you should be able to access the CD drive and boot from a Win 10 or Win 7 Installation Disc. ??

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 19th, 2018 08:00

@Carbynewrote:
I will accept going back to Windows 7 Pro, however I'm stuck in a boot loop with F12 only accessible.

See if https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/how-to-repair-corrupted-windows-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/  helps

No Events found!