Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 8th, 2016 20:00

Home and Student 2016, and Office Pro Plus 2016 won't work in windows 10 pro

I have a new pc. Dell Inspiron 3650

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz

16.0 GB (RAM)

64-Bit Op. Sys. x64 based processor

I installed the office pro plus 2016 with a key from seller.

It installed fine on 12 7 16 then today 12 8 16 none of the office programs will open.

The home and Student 2016 also does the same thing. I installed the pro and the home and student does the same thing.

The pc came with Win10 home I purchased from Dell Win10 pro. I called Dell support and they helped me to install pro from the usb.

One thing I never activated the home and student before downloading the purchased office pro. the office pro key worked so I didn't think I needed it.

After all the trouble with the pro I uninstalled pro and tried to use the home and student. the product key worked on it also. but the same thing happens

I get the error box

Microsoft Word has stopped working

windows is checking for a solution to the problem

then it changes to

Microsoft Word has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

needless to say I have heard nothing.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Dell user since my first 266.

December 8th, 2016 20:00

Also I tried to add screen shots of the error message but there is no button to add pics

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

December 9th, 2016 17:00

This might be a better question for the MS forums, but I can try to help. Does it give you a specific error with a code or just "failed to start..."? Also, have you tried running Office in Safe Mode? Here are the steps, and also one other thing to note is that I have seen errors like this when 365/Student/Pro are installed at the same time, so you will want to make sure only one version of Office is installed.

Let me know if the Safe Mode gets you any further.

Best regards,

Brad 

December 10th, 2016 15:00

Brad thank you for your help and time. I chatted with MS that was a waste. They wanted to charge me for helping with brand new PC and Software. I call Dell support and they finally found how to fix it. When I installed my printer software it comes ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint. Well it integrates with Office. Well that version causes Office not to work. He found the check box and it worked fine. I did some more checking with Epson and sent them an email and they responded with a very good solution. checked for updates on the ABBYY software and downloaded it. Uninstalled the old one and installed the new one. I didn't select the integration selection and installed the new version. Even though the new versioin may work I'm not taking any chances. Everything seems to work now. Seems to be a know issue, don't know why MS or Dell didn't now about it. Epson had lots of postings about it. (BTW is not an Epson App.) So we will see if it all continues to work.

If anyone else has this type of problem uninstalling the ABBYY software and reinstalling seems to work.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me. That's what I love about the forums.

Jack Bell

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

December 13th, 2016 21:00

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the update and fix! Glad to hear you were able to get it working!

Best regards,

Brad

No Events found!