Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2015 14:00

How do I remove Windows 10?

I have an Inspiron 17 that is not compatible with Windows 10. However, it downloaded and I'm past the 30 retrieval period. How do I uninstall Windows 10 and replace it with Window 8.1 which I have on disk?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 23rd, 2015 05:00

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us!

Kindly click on the link below which will give you instructions on how you can uninstall Windows 10 .

http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/

Thanks

Robin

1 Message

October 24th, 2015 17:00

Kindly click on the link below which will give you instructions on how you can uninstall Windows 10 .

http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/

Thanks

Robin

Hi Robin. This method doesn't work.

I am in the same situation. Want to revert back to Windows 7 from Windows 10 but passed 30-days "go back" period. It turned out that my Dell Inspiron N5110 does not support Windows 10 but it didn't prevent it from upgrading automatically. Now I am having a whole bunch of problems, including a sound driver I need to uninstall almost every day as the sounds disappears all the time.

I found that I am unable to access Dell Factory Restore Partition despite the fact it is still there. So the only way for me is to install Windows 7 from an iso file. But I can't download it from Microsoft because it says that the MS Product key I provide was issued by an OEM supplier and I should request the media from them. (I have just checked again, now it just says Error We encountered a problem with the validation request). But I cannot request the media from Dell either because my warranty period has expired.

This is a very sad situation, demonstrating very poor support from both companies. Any other thoughts? The best way would be finding the way of accessing the factory restore partition.

No Events found!