Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2017 12:00

How to get windows 10 key to reinstall it?

Hello my friends I bought Dell 7567 with Windows 10 key, right now I need to reinstall the windows from scratch which means that I will format my hard disc so how can I get the windows 10 key because I can't find it on the box or on the laptop

1 Message

August 27th, 2018 00:00

I recommend you go to Microsoft shop to buy windows 10 product key it provide 100% genuine. 

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

August 28th, 2018 04:00

The link in the post above is not official to Microsoft or Dell.  Avoid using!

2 Intern

• 

134 Posts

November 15th, 2018 09:00

I have the same problem. I need to install a brand new disk. Any link will be of no use because there is no way to access the internet before installing windows again. Why is Dell hiding the instal key? I mean, we bought the computer with a windows licence, why should we pay for a new licence only because the disk is faulty? Don't get this. Anyone can help to find the license key without internet access? Thanks ps : for now my old disk is still there. The laptop is running extremely slowly, but maybe, if there is a way, and with a lot of patience, how can I retrieve the licence key on my disk before trashing it?

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

November 19th, 2018 08:00

Windows 10 Version 1809 Installation Media is multi-edition and will automatically pickup any Windows 8 OEM/8.1 OEM or 10 OEM Key and automatically select the correct Edition of Windows 10 to install during installation.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 24th, 2019 10:00

No.  Each Virtual Machine needs its own standalone License.

You cant use the SLP key for a virtual machine.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Pro-System-Builder/dp/B00ZSHDJ4O/

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

September 6th, 2019 10:00

Windows 8 and 10 keys are stored in bios.  There is no "getting" the key.

OEM System Builder disks still have COA sticker.

WIN7 COAWIN7 COAWIN10 COAWIN10 COA

1 Message

September 6th, 2019 10:00

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

September 6th, 2019 15:00

I believe, as has been mentioned, once Win 10 has been activated, the license is kept online.  To reinstall, just skip the license key entry and it will activate once you are online.  If you change your system or certain parts of the system, then that activation will be lost.

There is the option, if you purchase a retail copy of Win 10, you can move that license and will need to keep that license key in order to do so.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

September 13th, 2019 10:00

Virtual machines need their own license.

You cannot transfer a license from machine to machine nor can you use a physical and virtual machine on the same box at the same time.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Licensing/licensing-programs/software-assurance-by-product.aspx#tab=2

Windows Software Assurance (SA) and Windows Virtual Desktop Access (VDA) are the licensing options required when accessing a Windows desktop OS in a VM, either locally or remotely. Windows SA and Windows VDA are device based licenses, and under select Volume Licensing agreements available in a Per User license option.

Both Windows SA & Windows VDA provide flexibility for how you use Windows and include access to unique products with license rights not available through OEM or FPP licenses.

Windows 10 can be purchased via Retail (FPP) to run in a VM locally on the device. Windows 10 FPP licenses can be used in type 2 hypervisor scenarios (i.e. client Hyper-V, Boot Camp, Parallels, etc.) on the device. Only the primary user may remotely access Windows running locally on the device, and FPP licensing does not provide the license rights to access Windows remotely from a server.

OEM Windows 10 licenses are sold preinstalled on PCs from OEM manufactures. There are OEM System Builder Windows 10 licenses on the market but these licenses are for supposed to be only for System Builders who build and sell PCs and subject to the terms of the Microsoft OEM System Builder License.

1 Message

April 26th, 2020 07:00

Find Windows 10 Product Key on a New Computer
  1. Press Windows key + X.
  2. Click Command Prompt (Admin)
  3. At the command prompt, type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. This will reveal the product key. Volume License Product Key Activation.

4 Posts

August 25th, 2020 20:00

you can check here 

1 Message

July 18th, 2021 15:00

I have this same question.  I'm running a Hackintosh running OSX Big Sur using an Inspiron 5758, and would like to run Parallels to run Windows 10/11 using the bundled license.

2 Posts

May 31st, 2022 02:00

If you were able to provide me your old bios than i can help you with it in DEEP Knowledge....

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 5th, 2022 06:00

@HossamAhmedHamd 

@Pk4Tech 

@Mr Fabulous 

@DELL-Cares 

End users do not have access to bios SLP keys.

Activation in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

Why can't I activate Windows?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10751/windows-why-activate

Press Windows key + X Click Command Prompt (admin)

Enter the following command:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Hit Enter The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it

162 Posts

July 6th, 2022 00:00

Get your Windows 10 product key: step by step
If you need to find the product key for your Windows 10 installation, you’ve got a few options. The key can be retrieved via the BIOS i.e. the bootloader  of your system or the command window. You can also use external software to retrieve your Windows 10 key.

Find Windows 10 product key using third-party solutions
The easiest way to retrieve a Windows 10 product key is to use a special program. Because Microsoft doesn’t currently offer its own solutions, users will have to default to third-party providers such as Belarc which has developed a relevant tool. For example, the Belarc Advisor  can be used to read the licensing code from the Registry or BIOS. To find your licensing code, follow these steps:

Download the third-party software from the website by filling in your email details
Install the Belarc Advisor
Start the tool by running it
Once installed, the software will automatically generate the product key
Windows 10 key retrieval using CMD
The command line or CMD can be used to gain information about a Windows installation key. However, you may only be able to view the last five digits of a Windows 10 code this way. Here’s how to do it:

Open the command line by searching for “CMD” or “command line.” Select the correct search result. Alternatively, launch a Run window and enter “cmd” to launch it

Windows 10 command line
Type the command “slmgr/dli“ and hit “Enter.”

After a short while, the last five digits of the product key will be displayed in a pop-up window:The command line displays the last five digits of a licensing key.

Get your Windows 10 product key from BIOS
If your Windows key is stored in the BIOS  – the boot software of your Windows PC – you can retrieve it quickly by using the PowerShell program.

Launch the Windows PowerShell by searching for “PowerShell” in the search bar. Select the program and open it. The Windows configuration framework will be launched:

Using Windows PowerShell to get the Windows 10 product key

Add the following commands to the PowerShell command line and confirm by hitting “Enter.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

No Events found!