Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

CH

December 22nd, 2017 18:00

How to reverse a Dell update?

Dell forced 6 updates on my Dell XPS 13 9350 today. My notebook is connected to 'everything' (including a 4K and a WHQD monitor) via the plugable USB-C docking station. During the installation, the second monitor (the WHQD monitor) went blank. Restarting the Dell notebook to complete the installation process did not help. After 3 restarts and unplugging the monitors from the plugable USB-C docking station (and shutting off everything, taking the electricity off every single piece of electronics), the second monitor still doesn't come on. If I unplug the 4K monitor from the docking station, the blank WHQD monitor starts up (works properly). The moment I plug the 4K monitor back into the docking station, the WHQD monitor goes out again. This is very annoying because I need to use both monitors simultaneously. How do I reverse the 6 Dell updates? [Dell has been nothing but *** about using two external monitors. Its own TB16 docking station didn't do what it was supposed to do and I had to trash it. Days of work, and now Dell destroyed a functioning setup...]

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 23rd, 2017 14:00

Dell forced an update?

Are you sure it is not Windows 10?

January 5th, 2018 01:00

Dell -- it wasn't an automatic installation, but something like an urgent security item with an option to install now or remind me later. The question still is, how to reverse the Dell update?

No Events found!