Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2016 03:00

Insistent Backup & Recovery Upgrade nag popup

Does anyone know a way of killing forever the insistent upgrade nag popup that Dell Backup & Recovery displays on every single boot?  Other than buying the upgrade, that is.

I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and I now get this popup on every boot.   You have two options; "Show me the benefits" or "Do nothing".  It doesn't matter which option you choose, the popup returns on the next boot.

I'd like to keep the 'basic' version, and have it running should I ever need it.  But if it's going to constantly nag me in this fashion I'm deinstalling.  Windows 10 comes with its own, perfectly adequate, system backup and restore.

• 

17K Posts

April 13th, 2016 09:00

ThirtyDegrees,

You can go to the run command and type in MSCONFIG and hit enter. Once in the MSCONFIG click the startup tab. Uncheck the entries for a program called SoftThinks. Add a checkmark in the box that reads to not show this box again and hit apply. Restart your computer.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

You would click my name in blue, then on the next page in the upper right corner, click the words "send private message"

No Events found!