Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2016 14:00

Inspiron 14R 5437 Windows 10 Display Driver Problem

I constantly get a "Display driver has stopped responding and recovered" error ever since I upgraded to Windows 10.  The error references Windows 8.

This happens repeatedly at varying periods when I play a game, "Age of Empires: Castle Siege".  Even if the game is minimized in the background.  I contacted the game company's help desk and they indicated I needed to update my drivers to Windows 10.  I've used the Dell Support webpage and it indicates my drivers are current.  When I actually examine the driver information, it indicates they are Windows 8.1. Evidently, Dell feels the driver is sufficient for Window 10.   I've logged onto the Intel site and Intel has a new driver that supports Windows 10 for the card.  I cannot install it, however, because it indicates I have a "vendor-specific" Dell copy of the driver.  It won't let me replace it but Dell doesn't have a Windows 10 equivalent. 

Anybody got any ideas when Dell is going to support Windows 10 drivers for the Inspiron 14R or if there is some alternate solution?

"Help me Obi-wan.  You're my only hope!

• 

16.7K Posts

February 29th, 2016 06:00

MadDogDingo3,

The Windows 10-64 bt OS drivers and downloads are on the Dell Website. You can click the link below to download the Video Card drivers for your computer as well as any other Windows 10 driver you may need.

Inspiron 5437 Drivers and Downloads-Windows 10/64bit

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

February 29th, 2016 14:00

Jesse, I can't figure out how to send you a Private Message.  I click on your link, I see your profile and a listing of questions you have answered but I don't see any icon or link to send you a Private Message.  (Also, I don't have a Dell Service Tag number or Dell Order number.)

• 

16.7K Posts

March 2nd, 2016 11:00

MadDogDingo3

You would click my name in blue, then on the next page in the upper right corner, click the words "send private message"

March 7th, 2016 06:00

I don't know why but I do not see anything that says "send private message" when I click on your name.  I included a screen shot of the screen I see when I click on your blue "DELL-Jesse L" link.  I'm not sure what, exactly, I'm doing wrong.  Sorry, I'm real new to the web site so I may not know something you're thinking is a given.

No Events found!