Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2017 04:00

Inspiron 3521, Dell Audio and AMD driver not working, Windows 10 clean installation

Hello there. I've searched so much to find some solution, but i couldn't, so i'm post here asking for help, thanks in advance.

1st time I installed Win10 on my laptop drivers were fine, though can't remember if I installed drivers after or before upgrading. I had to format my laptop a week ago, installed all drivers on win7, then upgraded to 10, but i've a lot of problems and audio driver is one of them. Take a look at these pictures, they say everything:

Can You help me about this ?

I do also have graphics driver problems, check pls:

Thanks.

4 Posts

October 8th, 2017 13:00

When I run installer for AMD video driver (8730) , my screen goes black for some time (idk if it's normal), then it requires restart. After I restart a black screen appears and it takes a lot of time for windows to load the page where a user types his password to log in. After i type my password and desktop screen appears i have these problems :

1) a strange box of pixels appears on the screen and doesn't move ( something like the picture shows)

2) right click on desktop opens a menu that contains half of lines it has to

3) cannot open Catalyst Control Center

4) when clicking on Configure Switchable graphics it opens Intel HD graphics settings

here are some picture of what i'v got now:

I uninstalled AMD Catalyst Install Manager from Control Panel, then AMD Radeon HD 8730M from Device Manager, and tried to reinstall, but everything is like it was before.

What can I do about this ?

I do also have Dell Audio driver problems, and I posted about it too:

Thanks.

Also this error comes up every time i turn on laptop:

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 8th, 2017 13:00

Has the AMD driver worked in the past, or is this the first time you're trying to install it?

If it has not been known to work in the past, open your device manager in the control panel.  Are there two display adapters showing?

4 Posts

October 9th, 2017 14:00

The AMD driver did work on past, but the problem is i don't remember how i made it work. First it didn't, then i did bunch of install/uninstall processes, can't even remember how i installed it prev time.

here is a screen with my device manager:

No Events found!