Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2017 23:00

Inspiron Gaming 7567 - power monitor lite

Hi,

Been having a problem with my new laptop that's getting progressively more annoying.

Every so often Power Monitor Lite pops up a dialogue box that states that it does not recognise my battery & that 3rd party batteries could catch on fire. I should order a new Dell battery to fix this.

Originally this happened maybe once per day. Now it can be once per hour. It now also stacks, leaving multiple instances open in the background after I leave the system on with no activity.

Seeing as my laptop is pretty much fresh from box and has had no hardware changes made to it this is obviously wrong.

It is more frustrating that if I open Power manager Lite It shows Dell as the battery maker. The only thing on the info screen is that the program cannot establish "battery health"

I would normally remove this software as Windows perfectly good power management built in but I cannot find anything listed under add/remove - this seems to be a Win 10 thing as I have found advice for Win 8 saying it can be removed this way.

Any advice on how to remove this program or at least disable it's notifications?

cheers

G

No Responses!
No Events found!