Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 06:00

Inspiron One 2330 AIO, AMD Radeon HD7650, not working after Windows 10 upgrade?

Hi everybody and Dell,

Wednesday evening i have changed my operating system from Windows 8.1 Pro on new Windows 10 Pro. Dell wrote your system is tested. After upgrade i´ve installed  all new drivers - 5 items. Four are updated successfully, only AMD driver failed to update. Have tryed everything - no matter AMD dedicated graphics card will not work. PC is slow and crashes are coming. Only one thing help me  - I forbid AMD card and system is working only with integrated Intel HD. Please Dell post new driver!

Thanks

1.8K Posts

July 31st, 2015 11:00

Hi,

Assuming you have a 64-bit version of Windows on your system please go to the AMD Windows 10 drivers & downloads page to download their latest drivers.  They released them 2 days ago to resolve some issues with Windows 10.

That should, hopefully, resolve your issue.

Todd

20 Posts

July 31st, 2015 13:00

Hi, i posted i have download latest drivers from dell.com but amd driver failed to update. IT is for win10. I have tryed everything. Now is amd card forbiden and my 2330 is working perfect, only games will not work.

20 Posts

August 1st, 2015 12:00

20 Posts

August 1st, 2015 12:00

How is shown in prtscn all times i become this result - last amd soft or dell driver update from dell.com?

Dell what is wrong ????

1.8K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 10:00

Hello,

Please go into your Device Manager and remove all the AMD drivers and then reboot the system.  That way the system will pick up the newest driver from a Windows Update, and that should install a fully compatible Win10 driver.

Todd

20 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 11:00

Hi,

how i wrote - tryed everything!

Only diabled AMD card let me work with PC.

What now?

Switchable graphics is not avilable!

David

1.8K Posts

August 4th, 2015 08:00

Hello,

I cannot read the language your system specs are in but I think this version of the AMD driver is newer than the one you have.  

I would highly recommend you contact the Dell Tech Support group in your area that can help walk you through the issues with your driver.  They'll be better able to understand the issue and communicate how to resolve it.

Todd

20 Posts

August 4th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

it is CZECH language.

My driver is 15.200.1046.2 ( last by amd.com).

With 15.200.1040.0 from DELL sites the same - Blue screen and restarts.........

AMD card OFF - everything O.K.

I contact DELL. CZ

David

6 Posts

October 10th, 2015 14:00

Did you solve issues with 2330 on W10?

20 Posts

October 11th, 2015 02:00

Yes, but nothing works - the AMD shows installed properly , - instalation protocol - succes - but nobady can works with this card . Intel HD works normály.

I have one idea - DELL has a big trouble with something in 2330 -

Like i wrote about my NTB - for this model are both drivers on del.com - Intel + AMD - when you try an intel driver update utility the result is : here is an driver with the specification from vendor of your PC no new driver for you on our sites.

But by 2330 is only driver for AMD and PC automatically instaled the best and last driver for Intel from web. Trying with i.d.u.u. - its shows me new driver for my pc - no permissions like by NTB.

6 Posts

Thanks for your answer!

Also, have you tried latest beta ATI drivers (15.9.1) or Lechcat pack Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta UnifL v1.0.2?

Thanks one more time

20 Posts

Hi,

No, service onsite has changed my motherboard for new one with the same specifications. I´ve installed from CD WIN8 and inmediatelly WIN10 - result - same troubles:

switchable graphics not working - when is AMD on PC is going on or off very very slow,

action centre:

-flying mod is lightning on ?,cannot be off - but wifi is working normally

wifi is on ? cannot be off

bluetooth is lightning on cannot be off

cannot change brightness - no button

In PC are the last drivers from DELL.com

RESULT - i call DELL CZ Support - this monday they will pick up my PC into service and i will see.

Have next DELL at home NTB INSPIRON 5537 - absolutely no troubles with Windows 10 - halelujah...

I wrote the message when DELL will contact me.

6 Posts

October 14th, 2015 02:00

Seems i found the possible issue with switchable graphics:
Windows 10 does not support fixed switching (proof leshcatlabs.net/.../viewtopic.php;t=1009)

In additional, here is some info adout switching modes: (http://leshcatlabs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62)

Looks like inspiron 2330 uses fixed mode by default.

Dell, please, is any chance to get dynamic switching mode on inspiron 2330?

Some kind of "hidden" BIOS options?  

20 Posts

October 14th, 2015 02:00

Hi,

Have one more Inspiron 15R 5537 with Intel HD an AMD HD 8850M - here works everything perfect on Win 10 - both drivers Intel + AMD are aviable on DELL sites..........

Hope today they pickup my 2330 and after few time i expect an answer what will dell do with it.

They spoke with my on support like i´m BFU......

I have bought an extra warranty so i have till 2018 free repairs......no matter to change bios or something else - only orig. software ansd hardware from vendor.....

6 Posts

October 18th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Any news?

No Events found!