Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

April 9th, 2018 21:00

Just got a new (refurbished) Dell PC.

The PC came with Windows 10 installed. My Dell all in one 948 printer won't work with Windows 10. The printer worked great with XP. I don't want to throw out the printer...any help for me?  Also having problems with playing videos.  Sometimes they play, sometimes they don't!

What is a good video player that will play all types of videos (ie, Facebook, You tube, etc.) that works well with Windows 10? 

• 

16.7K Posts

April 10th, 2018 04:00

birdlady51,

Unfortunately, there are no Windows 10 drivers for the 948 printer. However, you can click the link below for information installing a Windows 7 driver using Compatibility mode in Windows 10. It is not guaranteed to work but, it is worth trying.

Dell 948 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

Installing Printer Drivers From a Previous Version of Windows

Which computer do you have? Has your system updated windows 10?  You can click the link below to choose your system and update the video card drivers as well. Choose your system and the OS installed and update the drivers.

Support.dell.com

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

April 10th, 2018 19:00

@birdlady51wrote:

The PC came with Windows 10 installed. My Dell all in one 948 printer won't work with Windows 10. The printer worked great with XP. I don't want to throw out the printer...any help for me?  Also having problems with playing videos.  Sometimes they play, sometimes they don't!

What is a good video player that will play all types of videos (ie, Facebook, You tube, etc.) that works well with Windows 10? 

Perhaps you need to install Adobe Flash Player to play the videos.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer.html

No Events found!