Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

Re: MaxxAudio not working in the latest Realtek drivers (855

Jump to solution

I went over and got the 8555 driver version for your system and installed.  The fact it is not recommended for my system may invalidate anything I observe, and I do show a message under the Microphone which says "Current Default Playback device is not supported"

In the Waves panel, I can change nothing.  My system is using the presets from my prior install so the earbuds sound OK.  I cannot change the equalizer or change the Output device but I can open the Advanced menu.

I can change between internal speakers and earbuds and the sound plays normally.

If it sounds famaliar, you might click on the name of one of the moderators.  They may friend you which would allow a more direct problem report.  But again, my system may have a different Realtek audio device that yours does which might be why I get the not supported message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

I might also point out the driver referenced shows as being updated Dec 3rd.  It may mean nothing but I suppose something to try.  Possibly the original driver was set up incorrectly to work with your system.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
telemetry
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hey thanks for trying it - it sounds like the panel isn't compatible for you, I get that issue if I run the installer that gets dropped in Program Files, everything is disabled. The version that gets installed for me automatically by the driver has everything enabled, I can turn it on and off and push buttons and sliders, they just don't affect the sound at all. The EQ is being applied somewhere, I just can't change it, it's like the panel isn't connected to anything (as opposed to being locked)

I worked out how to block the driver update in Windows, so I've been able to stay with the old (working) version, but I'll give the new revision a go, thanks! But this is the second driver release with this issue, and the last one had revisions that didn't fix it, so I won't be surprised if it's still broken

How do you mean about the moderators, you mean send one a Private Message? Anyone in particular? I just don't know what the usual channels are for reporting bugs, I just want to pass it on since it's been broken a few months and maybe the developers aren't aware of it

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

The moderator I remember right now is Jesse.  None of them are actual technical folks but may be able to find out something for you.

You have save a preference for any changes you wanted to make to the equalizer settings?  It may be a situation that they don't take effect until later.  Also, using both Windows and Waves settings at the same time, can be a problem.

0 Kudos
telemetry
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
All right cheers, I'll see what he says. My presets get wiped when the driver updates, so I can't switch to those. I haven't tried creating a new preset - even if that worked, I can't hear what I'm doing, so it's not really a solution. I'd just stick with the old drivers over having to do something like that. And nothing's changed about my setup other than the driver, I'm not changing any Windows settings - the old one always works, the new one never does
0 Kudos
ashish_m1
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Im having the same problem, same laptop, latest Realtek drivers.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
telemetry
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I held off on installing any updates for a while, but I'm on the latest release of 8569 (A13) and it seems to be working properly now, thanks!

0 Kudos
JeffreyBrown
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a new Dell G3 laptop and seem to have the same problem. MaxxAudio sounds great, playing Spotify, Netflix, etc much lower volume. I have tried to update Realtek in Device Manager but it claims I am updated. Also can't find the right audio download on the Realtex site. Contacted Dell support but lost phone connection and they haven't gotten back to me. 

Realtek Audio Driver version 6.0.1.8443 5/8/2018

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just to add, I did find the download for 6.0.1.8555 on the Dell site, installed it and it made a tiny difference but still not close to my HP or MaxxAudio on this computer. What a pain. 

0 Kudos