Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2016 22:00

Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 Licence.

I bought Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 with my latest desktop purchase.

What license does it come with, as it cost me the same as the full product elsewhere.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 12th, 2016 10:00

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest you click on the link below, hopefully it helps.

products.office.com/.../download-back-up-restore-microsoft-office-products

• 

17K Posts

July 12th, 2016 10:00

Dial999,

The version of office is good for 1 License. It is the same version as you would purchase at other outlets. If  needed, you can click the link below and download for reinstalling. There is also an option to purchase the media for a small fee.

Download Office 

7 Posts

July 12th, 2016 16:00

Thanks for your reply. But according to the license terms below, if I  buy the software from my local shop, then I can re install it on my next computer when the first computer is no longer usable, or has an upgraded motherboard. Can I do the same with my Dell bought software?

Please see - License Terms www.microsoft.com/.../UseTerms

3.    Transfer to a Third Party. The provisions of this section do not apply if you acquired the software in the European Economic Area, in which case any transfer of the software and the right to use it must comply with applicable law.

a.Software preinstalled on device. If you acquired the software preinstalled on a device, you may transfer the software directly to another user, only with the licensed device. The transfer must include the software and, if provided with the device, an authentic Office label including the product key. Before any permitted transfer, the other party must agree that this agreement applies to the transfer and use of the software.

b.Stand-alone software acquired from a retailer.If you acquired the software from a retailer as stand-alone software, you may transfer the software to another device that belongs to you, but not more than one time every 90 days (except due to hardware failure, in which case you may transfer sooner). If you transfer the software to another device, that other device becomes the “licensed device.” You may also transfer the software to a device owned by someone else if (i) you are the first licensed user of the software and (ii) the new user agrees to the terms of this agreement. Every time you transfer the software to a new device, you must remove the software from the prior device. You may not transfer the software to share licenses between devices.

• 

17K Posts

July 14th, 2016 13:00

DIAL999

Yes, you can install it on another computer if the other computer is not in service.

No Events found!