Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2015 10:00

N5110 bios not compatible with windows 10!

I have to say it is unacceptable to have a computer for little over three years and find that it can not support windows 10.  I get a message stating that the bios of this machine is not compatible with windows 10 and so can't run it.  I know others are getting the same message from reading here on the board.  I hope that Dell will reconsider it's support for window 10 in this machine or at the very least update the bios to a compatible version to run windows 10.

1 Message

October 26th, 2015 09:00

I have an Inspiron N5110 and recently upgaded to Windows 10. I Dids this without checkig the Dell website fro any posible problems !

After the upgrade I found several problems and after reading the post on the support group updated the Bios to A11

The problems still I have are: 

Upon a restart I often get the BSOD Page Fault in a non paged area. This only happen on a restart - never whilst in use or when I shut down and then start again

I have reseated the Ram. Run all the diagnostic checks which show no errors but still have the problem

Other issues are that I can't disable the touchpad. i always use a mouse and don't want the touch pad. I've read all the posts and support suggestion bu nothing works. I haven't tried uninstalling the Touchpad driver - maybe that will do it.

I also find the the Fn key works on all the Function keys except the one for the Touchpad (F3)

Occasionally the start menu does nor respond to a left click but a right click brings up thr alternate menu

Other than the above, despite the lack of support from Dell it all seems to work OK.

EWPCon

• 

17K Posts

October 26th, 2015 11:00

kmjdr12,

I cannot say if Dell will be updating any drivers that will support Windows 10. You still could probably run Windows 10 on this computer. Windows 10 may install the imbedded drivers it has that will load for your computers hardware. There have been other users who have successfully installed Windows 10 on systems that Dell does not support the Windows 10 OS installation.

No Events found!